"Superman," Lena nodded, attempting to be cordial.

"Hey, hi, you- I-" Winn was laughing and breathing like he was having an asthma attack, tripping over nothing as he rushed to round the bed and step up to the standing Kryptonian. "Wel- welcome back to Na- National City, this is great, we've met a few times, I don't know if you-"

"Yes, Winn," Superman spared a moment to flash him a smile, leaving Winn to grin and fumble with thin air. "Of course I remember, it's good to see you again. Now," he turned to look at Kara again, seemingly unaware of Winn melting into a puddle of incoherent fanboy, "did you find out how they got kryptonite?" There was a darkness in his eyes that showed just how serious he was taking this, but Kara just swatted her hand.

"No, we're not sure, but it was probably in Lex's vault. So how's Metropolis? You guys got hit pretty bad too, huh?" Kara smiled brightly, back to being happy at seeing her cousin, but Superman clearly wasn't done.

"Probably?! We need better than probably! Is... I mean..." he hesitated for a moment. "That small piece I gave you two weeks ago, you... you didn't lose it, did you? You didn't-"

"No, no, don't be silly," Kara laughed and waved her hand again, her eyes falling on Lena, who tensed as she saw what was about to happen. "Lena still has that."

Incredulous was a good word. It tended to describe disbelief very well. But the word didn't come close to doing the expression on Superman's face justice as he darted his eyes between Kara and the youngest Luthor. "You... gave that to her?" he spat the last word, boring his beyond incredulous eyes into Kara.

"I, uh... I didn't mention that, huh?" Kara chuckled sheepishly, looking anywhere but at the man's eyes.

"Kara, you can't- can't just-"

"Oh, please," Lena finally spoke up, having heard enough as she crossed her arms and faced down the wary Kryptonian. "I've been in here playing poker with these two for the past half hour. If I was trying to kill your cousin, trust me, I would've succeeded by now, Mr. Kent."

"Yeah, you would've," Kara chuckled fondly, momentarily distracting Lena as she found herself looking back at her and now being very acutely aware of the beat her heart skipped while staring at her beautiful blue eyes, but she snapped herself out of her ridiculous fantasies to refocus on her confrontation.

"Kent, wha- I'm not- you-" Superman had lost all composure, taken completely off guard as he looked back and forth between the two women.

"Hey, don't look at me," Kara held up her hands defensively. "I didn't tell her."

"Of course not," Lena sighed, already tired of this whole interrogation. "It was..." she faltered, noticing a slightly more composed Winn standing beside the Kryptonian man, furiously shaking his head with wide and pleading eyes. "It was basic deduction. You and Kara walked in to interrogate me the second I came to National City, Kara is Supergirl, you're cousins, it wasn't that hard to put together, really," Lena lied, giving the man a cool look of superiority, while beside him Winn visibly slumped with relief at not getting thrown under the bus for spilling Superman's identity. Superman, however, was looking less and less pleased with the situation as he glanced back over at Kara.

"You... told her who you are?" he asked in a tone so glacial, it was as if he'd bottled the Fortress of Solitude.

"Well, yeah, she..." Kara looked hesitant, furtively glancing at Lena before straightening herself in the bed and facing down her cousin. "She's my best friend." Instantly, Lena's heart started acting irrationally again, but Superman took a very deep breath, appearing to put otherworldly effort into staying calm.