Ch 5:The Test begins

Start from the beginning

Back with Conner he hears the reports from his squad and replies back,
"Thanks Gunner, any sign of Grimm in your sector."

"Negative not at the moment boss." Gunner replies back through their comms.

"Sword?"

"Nothing here sir."

"Shadow?"

"It's all clear at the moment Kaichō."

"Alright guys stay alert, just because we didn't see any of them doesn't mean these woods are practically Grimm-free. Our mission is to keep as much dangerous Grimm away from the first years till they reach their objective and have them head back to the rendezvous point in one piece."

"What about the lesser Grimm like Beowolves or Ursa?" Gunner asks.

"Well let the students handle them. They aren't that hard to kill so we'll let them have their fun. Remember guys, stay in the shadows, check your weapons and refrain from shifting in your dragon forms, don't want to cause a panic amongst the students and people nearby. The last thing we want is more eyes searching for us." Blade tells them.

"Copy/Copy Boss/Hai!" They all replied at once.

"Alright Ghost Team. Move out." As he climbs down from the tree and moves through the bushes.

Meanwhile in different parts of the forest, the rest of the Ghost team move out by climbing through the trees with their familiars not far behind, remained undetected by the students.

__________________________________

Once Ruby landed she gets ready and begins running off in search for her sister, Yang.

'Gotta find Yang. Gotta find Yang. Gotta find Yang. Gotta find...'

'Oh, this is bad. This is really bad. Oh, what if I can't find her? What if someone finds her first? There's always Jaune. He's nice. He's funny. I don't think he's very good in a fight though. Oh, what about Blake? So mysterious, so calm. Plus she likes books. Well then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her. Ugh, if only Conner was here we would've been a team, but he already has a team and surprisingly 4th year despite his age. Okay focus... Who else do I know in this school? There's Yang, Jaune, Blake, aaaand...' the Red hooded mentally checks off her list of people she met at the academy while running through the forest.

She slows down and but some form of luck she found someone who be her partner for the next four years. However it was none other than the Heiress of the SDC, Weiss Schnee herself. Ruby comes to a stop and they both eye each other in a pregnant silence. Weiss makes the first move by walking off in the opposite direction, showing she doesn't want to be her partner.

"Wait, where are you going?!...We're supposed to be teammates," Ruby cries out, as she kicks ground dejectedly, feeling down that she didn't want to be her partner.

Weiss continues on as she tries to navigate her way through some bushes and around trees.

"Ow." The Heiress cries out as pushes plants out of her way. She brushes herself off and sighs in relief when she hears a voice above her.

However, she eventually stops, and looks up to see Jaune hanging by his hood on a tree, due to Pyrrha's spear embedded to the tree.

"Ow, stop, uh stupid..." Jaune mutters, trying to free himself with no success.

He looks down at spots Weiss and waves to her, laughing nervously, hoping she'll help him. But she instead turns around and heads back to where Ruby was standing. She would rather have Ruby be her partner than with Jaune, as he groans dejectedly.