015

"Who is she?" I asked slowly, showing the phone to me. His face paled. "I-Is this why my body wouldn't let you touch me..? I knew this was too good to be true.."

"Baby, please.. just let me explain-"

"It's a mistake Jimin."

"Yes, it's just a mistake!" He called out, taking a breath of relief.

"No. All of this was a mistake. The universe chose wrong." I could feel my heart shattering inside my chest, but no tears were threatening to spill. "All you do is make mistakes. It's always a mistake with you." I could feel my blood run cold. I dropped his phone on the ground, the screen shattering.

"Babe-"

"You have to meet her. It's rude to stand someone up," Tears stung my eyes as I turned around to walk away, seeing Jimin fall to the ground knowing he couldn't do anything to stop it.

I'm sick. I'm sick. I'm sick.

I stumbled home and started packing up bags. It seemed like I couldn't get away from him. Like he was everywhere.

With shaky hands, I picked up my phone and dialed a number. One I knew too well.

"J-Josh.." I mumbled softly, sniffling and trying to mute my cries.

"Alexandriana... what happened?" His voice was gentle, and I knew he knew something was off.

"I h-have to get out of here.. J-Jimin-"

"Say no more. I'll be at your house in 5." My body gave up and I fell to the bed, curling into a ball.

Before I knew it, Josh was in my room. He was sitting on the edge with me curled up in his arms. It felt like he was the only person I could trust in this moment. He was holding me like I was the only person who mattered, and I guess that's how I've always wanted to feel. Like I was important.

Jimin had done that.

He really had.

But then he decided I wasn't enough. It was too much to ask for a healthy relationship with only love, trust, and loyalty. But that's not how it works. It never works like that.

Jimin POV

I made my way to the hospital.

You ruin everything.

You lost the love of your life.

Just because you couldn't tell her the straight truth, you ruined you're only chance on a happy ending.

I opened up the door to room 204 and saw Yuqi who was playing on her phone.

"Minie, are you okay?" I wanted to be mad at her. I really did. But it wasn't her fault I had lost someone so important.

"Why.. why don't you like Alex?" I asked. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"I.. I felt like she was going to break your heart. She broke Josh's.. I couldn't have that..."

"She's.. she's my soulmate.. but there is nothing left for us.." I told her quietly. "She thought I was cheating on her.. with you," Her face scrunched up.

"Ew. Jimin you're like a brother to me," She said, disgusted. I shook my head.

"Now.. how are you doing?" I asked.

"Doctors said I'll be fine. But that can only be confirmed for the next month. After that, there's no telling," She shrugged a bit. "But honestly, I don't mind death at the moment. My soulmate is in love with yours. You and your soulmate are in love. And nothing is left for me. I don't get anyone to love in this life. At least not now. Once I'm dead.. maybe it'll all shuffle. Maybe Josh and Alex can be together. Like before. And maybe you'll find someone better," Her words cut me like a knife.

"Nobody could be better than Alex.." I mumbled softly and stood up.

"Josh says that too.."

"He has good taste.." I sighed softly and ran a hand through my hair.

"He's most likely with her right now.. don't bother trying to get through to her. He'll mess you up, Minie. Why not just stay here...?" She questioned softly.

"Yuqi, I just lost the love of my life. Give me time.." I left the room and slowly walked out to my car.

You need to fix this