Chapter ix: Choose Wisely

Three days. Seventy-two hours. That's how long Presley Sage and Kara Arlington have been missing.

With no leads from the police or detectives, many of the people of the Hills are giving up hope. They haven't stopped looking and investigating, of course, though the doubt is sinking in.

Everyone has been on edge, but it would be selfish to say that Logan, Aspyn, and Jason were the most worried out of the students. Aspyn and Logan were missing their baby sister. Jason and Aspyn were missing their sweet mentee, basically a sister to the two of them, as well.

None of them had slept since they learned or the news.

Fingers are starting to be pointed.

Who could have taken Presley and Kara? It had to be someone from the Academy right? There had not been a ransom letter left, but this felt like a personal vendetta, against who exactly, no one really knew.

In an odd enough way, the tension and fighting between the students has minimized. Queened and Aspyn are... talking. Everyone's just been ignoring Kyle.

Because what's the point of that petty drama when there's something this big at hand?

Especially when, with all of the investigation, the reveal of Sapphire seems to feel closer than ever. Like it's right there...

But things at Sapphire Hills can never stay this drama free forever.

Not when it feels like Aspyn is hiding something from everyone. Her brother, her parents, Jason. The cops. She knows something about what's happening. Way more than she is letting on.

Not when Mia Lockwood has returned to the Hills for the first time since Christmas, on an unexpected "temporary leave" from her soccer team. What kind of trouble could the girl be bearing with her?

Not when the interesting tension between Shaylee and Mason is shifting from normal breakup tension to confusion and fear. Everyone is on edge, but Shay seems a bit too shaken up for the matter at hand.

Not when Queeney and Corrine Lexington get a call from their parents, saying that their sweet baby sister, Crystal, is being held in the security office of the Academy. Waiting for parents or sisters to come and talk to her about her trial. The trial about how she was caught stealing and hacking into her parents' and Queeney's accounts.

Not when, in the midst of all of this, Presley and Kara are still missing, possibly dead. Or dying. The clock is ticking.

So what is most important to you? Where will you go? Who will you help? Who will you save? You can't be the hero of everyone's story.

Choose wisely.

*Role-play in the Main Chain! Most of the characters will start at the café when everything starts going down, but will obviously disperse into their own parts.
EVERYTHING WILL BE GOING ON THERE AT ONCE. That's literally the point of this chapter; you can't do everything and you can't save everyone.
Separate chains are allowed, but run them by me first, because I prefer for this to be mainly about the main plot this chapter*

——
sha-sapphire.com

Oh my sweet snowflakes, you're all in deep this time

Oh my sweet snowflakes, you're all in deep this time. You've been through a lot this year, but I don't think you can climb out of the canyon you've dug yourselves into this time.
It's been three days. You've let those children be missing, scared and alonemaybe dyingfor three days. You're all too deep into your own minds and selfish about your own problems to worry about the future of the young Sapphire Hills residents.
The only person with the uttermost care for the situation is surprisingly stone cold Aspyn Arlington. The girl who had just attempted to kill herself just three days ago as well, seems to be the most selfless person during this situation. This is a slight change of pace for her, isn't it?
However, Miss Arlington clearly seems to be keeping something from everyone. Her fear parents. Her beloved twin brother. Her co-coach. The police forces. Everyone. What could Aspyn know that she's trying to hide from everyone?
Maybe it has to do with sweet Cedar Kingsley and whatever her and Aspyn have had going on. Even I haven't been able to figure that one out, so congratulations, girls. I've been outsmarted by two blondes, I suppose.
Even still, don't assume your secrets are going to stay safe for long.
I'd also like to formally welcome Miss Mia Lockwood back to the Hills. Long time, no see, bitch. It was only a matter of time before you screwed up the last opportunity you had left. All for something as dumb as getting high. Using those drugs might've been the dumbest thing we've all seen you do. I'm sure your little boy toy isn't going to be too thrilled with your immature and childish actions. Mommy and Daddy and your baby brothers can't protect you from the truth. Your career is over and you've brought your reign of destruction to the Hills to make things worse for these students.
Though, I thank you for that of course.
It is my mission, after all, to make your lives living hell.
Speaking of the Lockwoods, now what is up with Shaylee and Mason. I say one thing about sweet innocent Shay and suddenly you two are cuddling and snuggling? I guess Mason wanted in on the lack of abstinence too. Or maybe he wanted to ignore the fact that his girl has been acting weird; what are you hiding, Miss Perrone?
And now we come to the biggest point of the day. My favorite, by far. Sweet, young Crystal Lexington. Arrested and being held by security? I'm sure none of us saw that one coming. Oh, Crys, how you've failed whatever mission you were on. How you've failed your family and the Hills. How you've failed me.
I suppose you think my time of reigning over the Hills with terror is coming to a quick close, with all of this other mass disaster striking your young lives. You're wrong.
I'm still here.
I'm still watching.
I'm just waiting for the time to strike.
Choose whatever path or goal you see fit. There are many decisions to be made.
Good luck, everyone.
You're certainly going to need it this time.

~ Sapphire