Chapter sixteen!

Chapter sixteen!

One week. I was nervous as hell. Only one week until my finals. I didn’t worry about my English, or P.E., or even chemistry. I needed to worry about math. I hadn’t been doing well lately, and it didn’t help that my teacher is so very hot, but I was still pissed at him. I didn’t show up for tutoring as much as I should have, and I hadn’t really thought much of it at the time. Now I regret every single time I walked past that classroom without even looking inside. But every time I actually showed up, Liam taught me well.

This was one of those days I had tutoring, and I was going to show up this time. I was stressed out, and I basically had to force myself into opening the door.

“Come in!” I heard Liam shout from within his office. I walked inside and closed the door behind me as soon as I saw his head shoot out from the office door. “Just take a seat,” he ordered and went back into his office to do something. I took a seat at one of the desks in the front and took out my book. I looked around for a minute. Liam had made it a little more personal than it used to be.

He had us do all kinds of projects and hang them up on the wall. He also said that if we wanted to bring something and hang it up we could. It was mostly guys that had drawn dicks on pieces of paper and hung it up, or girls that made pictures of Liam, but it was nice a nice gesture of him.

Liam basically jumped out of his office holding books under his harm, and a small packet. I thought nothing of it; I just imagined it was something for Bella. Still he handed me the present. It was nicely wrapped in purple gift wrap and had a silver bow. I gave him a quizzical look.

“Peace offering,” he explained and put down the present in front of me. “Look, Elle, I’m sorry for what I said. It was unethical and a bad move on my part. But you need this tutoring and I would hate for us to part on a bad note,” he spoke softly. He had taken a chair and now sat on the opposite side of the table, looking me dead in the eye. “Just open it and then decide if it’s worth forgiving me for,” he said jokingly.

“I’m not that shallow,” I joked back but took the present none the less.

I slowly took the bow off the gift and then unwrapped it without ripping the paper. It was a CD. The first album Queen ever published, but he had transferred it off a record onto a CD so I could listen to it. I literally just stared at the thing for a few minutes.

“Oh, my…” I said but trailed off.

“God?” he suggested and smiled at my expression.

“No, Buddha,” I said and he laughed.

“Are you kidding? Is this really for me?” I said in surprise.

“No, I just wanted to show you, I’m gonna need it back,” I hit him in the arm and smiled. I gave him the biggest hug and we stood like that for a moment.

“Thank you,” I whispered in his ear. I could feel the muscles in his cheek stiffen as he smiled against my ear.

We decided to do some math, but as soon as I got home I put the CD in and fell onto my bed. I let the loud music consume me. All the good memories of Liam came rushing back. I understand where he came from. Of course he didn’t love me; he’s my teacher. It’s just my stupid school girl crush that let me believe he could feel something for me.

“My fairy king can see things. He rules the air and turns the tides,” I sung with the song loudly. I wasn’t in the right key but I didn’t really care, I was home alone.

I heard my mum’s car pull up in the driveway so I lowered the volume and started working on some history for the test.

*

Two days. Only two days until I can get a break from school and enter the beautiful holiday of Christmas. Colored lights hung everywhere and Christmas songs were being played in stores and malls. The spirit of Christmas was like a thick blanket that lay all over town, and there was no way of escaping it. Christmas has always been taken very seriously, and it brought the townspeople together.

            I had done ok on the exams; even the math one. It was a, thanks to Liam, but I was really proud I actually pulled it off.

I woke up on this wonderful Thursday morning and had already decided today was going to be great. I didn’t let Olivia bug me on our way to school, even though we had to go together on her car. I didn’t let Mrs. Oddwood, my social science teacher; disturb me with just being a hag like always. This day was going to be awesome.

In history, grandpa had bought us a lollipop each. Mine was strawberry and I licked it with a stupid happy-grin on my face.

I, Matt and Emily played tag on our way to math which earned us a frown from the janitor. We came laughing into math where Mr. Hottie sat at his desk with the biggest smile ever on his face. He looked at us curiously and he held my gaze for a second before Matt took me down. A few kids came to us and a moment later there was a big pile of teenagers rolling on the floor, laughing our asses off.

„C’mon guys, break it up! I’ve got an important enouncement to make here and I’d love for you to listen!” we took our seats and silent whispers drifted away. „Even though I’m chuffed to bits being here to teach you guys, there’s a reason I have my rucksack and wearing those shoddy trousers today. I’m going back to Britain, and Mrs. Willows is coming back,” he said and I felt my smile leave my face.

„You know, Mr. Stone, I think I speak for everybody here when I say,” Steve made a dramatic pause so everyone could get a good look at him; „I barely understood a word you were saying.”

„Proper English is not so hard to understand! Let me say that again so you can understand me; You know, even though I’m like totally really happy to like teach you stuff and shit, I’ve got my backpack and wearing like, totally cheap pants, ‘cause I’m like going home, like, back to my peeps, yo. And that chick, Mrs. Willows is comin’ back to teach ya’ll,” that earned cheering and whistling from all of us.

I really hated this though. I don’t want him to move back to Britain! He would be thousands of miles away. I wanted to go up to him, grab his arm and not let go.

„I really hate to leave you guys, since Mrs. Willows is now better than she had expected, she’ll be teaching you next semester,” with that he earned ‘aw’ from the class.

Math was soon over and since he wasn’t going to show up tomorrow we said our good-byes. He shook every boy’s hand and hugged every girl, but I felt like my hug lasted a bit longer than everyone else’s, but not long enough.

„Meet me here at lunch; I’ve got something for you,” he whispered before he let me go.

A/N: So here's a new chapter for you. I promise things will pick up alot in the next few... though I added a small cliffhanger for you! :) 

I won't be uploading as frequently since school's crazy and it's only my third week here so I only expect it to pick up more. I'll upload something for you this weekend or next week

Love you all my faithful readers :*