5. 𝚄𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛

Start bij het begin

His hand lifts from my cheek but reconnects, with force. A loud slapping noice fills the quiet room. I hiss at the stinging pain. My warm palm touches my cheek as I look away. I can feel my tears running down my cheeks.

He grabs my jaw again and pulls my head up. "You better learn to do as you're fucking told" he barks. He harshly let's go of my jaw and walks around me. I stand completely still, too scared to even look at him. He walks back over to his chair and sits down. His hand reaches out to a lowballed glass placed on his table. He twirls the golden brown liquid in the glass around and then takes a sip.

I meet his eyes again, "so who do you work for?" He asks, his terrifying eyes staring right into my soul, "you." I whisper, feeling a lump in my throat. "Mhmm, What are you?" He asks, rubbing his dominance in my face.

I take a shaky breath, "a maid" I say dismally. He chuckles softly and tilts his head, "now tell me I own you" he demands. He can't mean that! I am not his property! "What did I just tell you?" He says intimidatingly.

I look out through the window. The sun is shining, the trees are slowly moving with the wind. I wish I was anywhere but here. My head turns back to Him and my eyes meet his icy blue cold eyes again. "You own me..." I say quietly, letting another tear slip down my cheeks. I feel defeated and weak!

"What was that doll? louder please". When I look at him, I see that he won't stop. "You own me" I say louder, feeling my lips quiver.

"Indeed I do doll" he says and takes another sip. "Go back down to the kitchen and make dinner for my men. Oh and bring me my food up here." He orders harshly.

I nod and am about to turn around, "speak" I hear him say. I turn back to him, "Yes" I say, "yes what?" He says back, "yes sir." I say and leave the room.

The sound of the door closing is such a relief. I take a deep shaky breath and stand completely still. What have I just experienced. My heart is still beating at a very fast rate. How can a man be so horrible in every sense of the word. I slowly start to make my way down to the kitchen...

The story about my family is really freaking me out, What he said can't possibly be true! I walk back downstairs and into the kitchen. "Are you alright?" I immediately hear Nelly asking.

My eyes meet hers and I nod. Dinner is almost done so I won't be much help now. "Well what happened up there?" Nelly asks again. I sigh, "I don't really know" I reply, "he just told me why I'm here and he also wants me to bring him dinner today." Nelly gives me a serious look, "you better be careful then" she says. "But wh-" a sudden ringing interrupts our conversation, the food is done.

I can feel myself getting nervous again. "Ah the food!" Deborah says, smiling. "Just put everything on one of those silver trays" Nelly says and points to a pile of silver trays. I quickly walk over and grab one. My hands shake as I put everything on the tray. I put the steak, the potatoes and the salad on a plate. Next, the gravy. I finish with a bottle of red wine. "Do I just go back up there?" I ask Nelly nervously. She nods, "quickly! Go!" She whispers.

My eyes close and I take a deep breath. Why do I have to go back up to him... I start making my way back up to his office. Up the stairs and back to the big room with paintings and couches, all the way to the door.

Office.
I start to shake again, I don't want to get in there, he scares me. My free hand reaches out to knock on the door, but I stop myself. A tear slips down my cheek, am I already crying again?

I sigh and put my hand back up to the door and knock. There is silence for a few seconds before I hear, "come in". My heart is beating out of my chest because now I actually have to open the door and go in.

My shaky hand reaches for the door knob and I open it. I walk inside and see him sitting at his desk. He looks at me with a blank face, "yes?" He says.

"Uhh, I have your dinner, sir. Steak with potatoes and gravy, salad on the side, and some red wine" I answer and place it it in-front of him. He looks at the food and then back up at me.

My eyes catch his and I watch as his eyes scan my fragile body. I'm shaking. "Are you scared?" He asks me with a smirk, I look at him and my mouth goes dry. "Have I not told you to use your mouth?" He says angrily.

My eyes fall to the ground and I part my lips, I hear him take a breath and my eyes dart back up to his, I open my mouth to answer him but he stops me, "you should be fucking scared". My mouth closes and I look away.

Awkward silence fills the room as I anticipate the worst. "You may leave now, maid" he says calmly out of nowhere. I stand for a few seconds, was he joking? "Can I eat in peace!" He yells at me, "I'm sorry sir" I say quietly and hurry out. I close the door and walk back down to the kitchen.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

I'm finally done working for today and I head up to my room. My mind is at a complete state of dysfunction. After what happened today I've felt really empty and in shock.

I close the door and sit down at the end of the bed, I'm tired of crying, I've done enough of it today. The story he told me about my parents really caught me.

My family knows about this. They know that he took me. I know they don't care about me much, but this little? That hurts.

My family was a very well functioning family. It was made up of my father, a lawyer, my mother, a chiropractor, and me. Only the three of us. You would think that since we are such a small family, they would care about me, spoil me and treat me like a princess, but that's not the case with them. They have never been mean to me, never hit me or punished me and so forth. But they never really cared about me. They never asked me how my day had been, they never checked up on me, not even when I was young. They have always been so caught up in each other that they never had time for me. I was just a background to them. I've spent most of my child and teenage years by myself. We never really celebrated my birthdays, they often actually forgot.

But I wanted my 18th birthday to be special, and look at me now... Stuck in a mansion with murderers and criminals, working for them, cleaning their clothes, making them food, and obeying them all the time.

It's exhausting, and I hate myself for doing it. I don't have much choice though. I'm forced to do it, I was put here to do it, quite frankly I'm not even surprised that my parents aren't worried about me, they never have been. I sigh and decide to take a hot shower before going to bed only to have another dreadful day tomorrow...