Episode 22: Everything Will Be Alright

[Emergency Room]

Chaeyoung and Chanyeol are told to waiting outside the emergency room. Chaeyoung keeps walking around with her hands covering her mouth. Sometimes, she is praying silently alone. Chanyeol is watching her from the chair. He cannot stand watching her overwhelmed anymore... He stands up and walks towards Chaeyoung.

"Chaeng!! Calm down! Granny will be alright!" Chaeyoung stops walking around and stands still opposite side of him

"If anything happens to her, I won't forgive myself" she mumbles to herself but Chanyeol manages to hear it. He looks at her sad face but tries not to cry. He also feels down seeing her looking like that. He pulls her into his embrace... He pats her back softly...

"It's not your fault, Chaeyoung-ah! Granny will be fine! Don't blame yourself!" he continues pat her back gently. She hugs him back and her tears finally depart from her eyes. She doesn't make any sound of crying but Chanyeol can feel her tear... He pats her hair and head as well... He sighs a little as he cannot help anything... He hugs her tighter to comfort her but doesn't stop her sobbing... Chaeyoung releases the hug and wipes her tears. She doesn't want her tear to bother him. Chanyeol also helps to wipe her tears with his thumb.

"Uljima! Granny doesn't want to see you like this! Stay strong for her, arassseo?" Chanyeol smiles a bit to cheer her up. She smiles a little back and nods with her eyes closed. She hates showing others her weak side, especially her tear, but the more she stays with Chanyeol, the more comfortable she is with him!

[...]

The emergency sign's light is off and the door opens. A doctor walks out and takes his mask off. The two young people stand up and look at the doctor.

"Are you the patient's relative?" the doctor asks the two. Chaeyoung nods

"Ne Doctor-nim! How is my granny now?" Chaeyoung seeks for an answer from the doctor while Chanyeol stands still beside her

"She is fine now. Her sugar level in her blood went too low that made her passed out for a while. We injected sugar injections in her already. After she wakes up tomorrow, she can go home already. Just make sure that she eats well and punctually since her condition is not that serious." Chaeyoung forms a smile on her face again although it is not as bright as before

"Jeongmal Gomabseubnida, doctor-nim!"

"So I may excuse myself for now." Doctor says. Chaeyoung and Chanyeol bows at him as thanks and goodbye. Chanyeol puts his hand on her shoulder and pats it

"Everything is fine now. Stop worrying already, Chaeyoung-ah!" she nods as a response back to him and smiles briefly. The sure thing is she still worries but lesser now since the doctor said her granny's condition is not that serious; it's just her body and health becomes weaker as she grows old.

[Morning]

Chaeyoung slept at the hospital with her granny last night so did Chanyeol. She chased him home but he refused to since he wanted to accompany them so Chaeyoung stopped asking home to go home but sleep in patient's room together. He called his family to inform about Chaeyoung's granny condition and they understood; also they promise to pay the visit in the early morning.

Chanyeol's mum and sister arrive with some foods for Chaeyoung, her granny and Chanyeol for breakfast. After eating, Mrs. Park and Jihyo tell Chaeyoung to go home for washing up and take a bit rest before granny's discharge later and they will stay with her here until she comes back. First, Chaeyoung refuses to go because she doesn't want to bother Chanyeol's family that much but they insist her nicely and she remembers that she didn't bring any money with her now and she has to pay for hospital fee later. Hence, she decides to go home briefly with Chanyeol's assist again.

[Arrive Chaeyoung's House]

"So I'm going to my house to washing up too. I'll pick you up after I finish my routine. Wait for me, ok?" Chaeyoung nods slightly while Chanyeo smiles back. He turns his back departing to his nearby house

"Chanyeol-ah??" She calls him softly. He turns back to look at her "Gomabweo!" he smiles at her sweetly

"Anytime for you, Chaeng!"

"And? You just want to wash yourself up, right?" she asks a weird question. Chanyeol raises his eyebrows and nods "If just that, you c-can do at my h-home." Chanyeol widens his eyes hearing Chaeyoung's offer "I don't want to bother you to walk here and there so you can just do your routine and rest here. After that, we can leave together." She avoids eye contact but cannot stop blushing. Chanyeol looks a bit surprised but manages to come back to his sense

"Can I?" he asks forclarification until Chaeyoung nods softly again. He cannot hide his smilerevealing dimple on the corner of his lip.