Chapter 3: Six

Chapter 3: Six

ZEIDEN never felt so problematic in her life—and this is the first time.

The guy who was being chased by the dragonfly was hit by its unpleasant smoke and sneak attack. She was about to warn him but before she knew it, it was already too late as the guy already inhaled the smoke unconsciously.

The guy is sleeping for about three hours now beside her. She used an old tree trunk and fixed it before laying the unconscious man there to sleep more comfortably than sleeping on the ground.

"Sir, I'm sure we'll see each other again. Once we do, let's make the introduction that we didn't do today, huh?" she whispered as she gently caressed the guy's soft hair.

She made sure that he'd be comfortable once she left him. And yes, she left him in the middle of that dangerous forest but she made sure that no one else could attack him again because she casted a protective barrier for him.

Imagine her doing that to someone she didn't even know. Isn't she too kind?

Now, she continued traveling alone towards the coldest kingdom in the entire Chronus.

Between the Land of Bellis and Wisteria, there is a secondary kingdom that was built, and it was called the Kingdom of Haegl.

The Haegl or the Land of Khione is known for being the Snow Kingdom of Chronus. Everything is frosty. Even when it is still summer, their season is always winter. All the people in this place are ice mages.

From the entrance of the place, Zeiden immediately felt the coldness of the surroundings. Probably because of the non-stop snowfall and the thick white snow that covered the ground.

Because of the cold, she immediately searched her things inside the space ring. To her luck, she immediately found a white, furry jacket that reached down to her kneecaps. With the help of the jacket that was also enchanted with magic, the coldness immediately disappeared like melted snow under the heat of the summer.

Zeiden changed her hair and eye color into white as she entered the place. Then, her forehead immediately creased as she noticed something.

"Based on my research, even though Haegl is a very cold place..."

She shivered as she roamed her eyes to the place once more.

"It is still a lovely and lively place. Why does the place seem so gloomy and... Dead?" she said to herself with a frown.

"Can somebody explain it to me!?" she shouted even though she saw no one was outside the houses that are almost covered with snow.

But then, she was so shocked when a white wolf suddenly grabbed her using its mouth. The wolf bit the hat of her jacket and then threw her into the air. After that, she landed right at the wolf's furry back.

"Woah. Hey there, little boy. Where are you taking me?" she immediately asked when she recovered from her amazement and even patted the wolf's head as they travelled.

Then, she heard it growled as if it completely understood everything that she said. When it responded to her in a masculine voice, she didn't even realize an anomaly.

"Master wants me to take you to his house after we heard you shouted. You're not safe outside, lady," the wolf said in a serious tone to her brain.

The girl's forehead furrowed. Still clinging to the wolf, she tried to ask again.

"Why? What happened to this place? Why do I need to be inside a house?" she curiously asked.

"The snow later at exactly six in the evening, will turn to black. You wouldn't be safe if you'll roam here like a tourist. During that time, hail of black snow will conquer our place again. You might even die—no, you will definitely die if it touches you," the wolf said, the sadness in his tone couldn't be hidden. Afterwards, he expressed a melancholic long howl.