Chapter 5: Unexpected Reunions

It has been 2 weeks since Echo squad was somewhat forced to go beacon for a couple of reasons. One being due to the fact that they came back with an exploding lambent brumak and eliminating either some or at least half of the emerald forest which was starting to grow back. The second was so that both Ozpin and Ironwood can keep a close on them because they may have told them what they've been through and what they wanted to do, they couldn't risk anyone else hearing their story. Since Echo squad was attending beacon, the students were wondering why adults were attending the academy at such a older age instead of a younger age, they then remember that they were in a 15 year long war with no end in sight. A couple of random students went up to echo squad to ask them how old they and to the student's surprise they answered her question quiet nicely. Tom was the oldest of echo squad being 33 years old, Sasha being the second oldest of 32 years old, Y/N and Alice both being 28 years old. It also surprised everyone that they never took off their armor at all but overtime everyone got used to seeing echo squad in that armor.

3rd Pov

It was lunch time and everyone could be seen eating lunch including echo squad. Echo squad had their own table enjoying a good lunch when teams RWBY and JNPR came in and saw echo squad sitting at a table.

Jaune: hey guys do you mind if we join you?

Y/N: I dont see why not.

Sasha: So what is it that you all do in the academies across remnant, if you dont mind me asking.

Pyrrha: You dont know about hunters and huntress'?

Alice: We heard about it when we first met Y/N but never really elaborated on what it means to be a hunter or huntress.

Ruby: Being a hunter/huntress is amazing, it means that you fight the creatures of Grimm and protect the innocent and not letting the bad guys get away with anything. It also means that you get to do a bunch of fun jobs while traveling all over remnant.

Tom: Sounds boring.

Ruby: *gasps* You sir are rude.

Y/N: He isn't wrong, i'd rather be fighting the locust then be killing Grimm. At least the locust gave us a challenge while the Grimm die after 1 shot from our pistols.

Yang: About that. Where and how did you guys customize your weapons?

Y/N: We didnt customize anything. 

Sasha: The locust had some of these weapons but we took them after we killed their respective owners.

Alice: Example "A grenadier would be equipped with a gnasher shotgun like mine along with a boltok pistol and frag grenades". Another example would be boomers, they are a lot bigger and fatter then the drones but carry explosive weapons.

Weiss: That sounds a bit too far fetched if you ask me. Locusts? Boomers? Grenadiers? That all sounds fake. You all just dont want us to know where you made and got your weapons.

At this point Echo squad was beyond pissed. Y/N had to tell his squad to back down because knowing them they would probably severely injure her due to them having such very high tonned bodies. 

Y/N: Fake? You think we made it all up? Y/N said while shouting. In Sera no one asked to be in a 15 year long war. No one asked to die for an impossible war to win. Yet here we are. You dont know what it means to be in a war. And before you say anything Weiss Schnee heiress to the schnee dust company. You dont know what it means to lose people you care about. I heard all about your reputation with the fanuses and how they are being treated, along with the white fang. Let me tell you this. My squad and i had to go through hell, fucking literal hell. No parents, or family to tell us what we can and can't do. We are fighting in a war to ensure humanity's survival, yet here you say that the war and enemy is fake. *Pulls out all the cog tags from his armor he collected throughout the years* All these gears gone, died heroically in the battlefield. No Grimm at all. The locust are relentless, they never stopped coming. Day in and day out,night after night, we didnt give up at all. For 15 long years we had to survive against an enemy that never gave up. The Grimm gave up easily when we killed at least 12-13 of them. Yet your family's bad reputation started when the fanuses were treated horribly. The Locust were losing their home to the lambent which was why they attacked us. We had to give up Jacinto, fucking Jacinto the last human stronghold to kill both the locust and the lambent. So tell me Schnee what from my stories seem to be fake. Cause i sure as hell dont see any part of it to be fake. All these gears, these scars and memories I've had with everyone in Sera were real. So excuse me when i say, you have no right to say anything like that when you dont know what we've been through.