Xuan Tian Ming laughed, “Wasn’t that large sum stolen from his place? You didn’t suffer a loss. But regardless of who actually owned the stolen things, since they fell into our hands, they belong to us. Paying it out will feel quite distressing. Husband supports you in trying to seek recompense, but there is no need to rush on this matter. We can discuss it properly at a later time. Right now, the most pressing matter… dear wife, look, it’s the dead of night. The dark of night has spread, the night is silent, the moonlight is dim, and the wind is strong…”

“What are you trying to express?” Feng Yu Heng was completely speechless. He had even mentioned that the moonlight was dim and the wind was strong. Was he wanting to go and kill someone?

Of course, it was not to go and kill someone, but someone would definitely be eaten. A certain person rolled over and used their actions to express themselves…

The next day, Xuan Tian Ming went to court, while the little lamb that had been eaten for half a night slept until noon before waking up.

In the Imperial Palace, the eighth prince went straight to visit Noble Lady Yuan after court was dismissed. He then very helplessly spoke about the recent situation with the Board of Punishments.

Noble Lady Yuan was frustrated from hearing about it and could not help but complain: “You too, the things that you did were not done well. How many times have I told you not to trust people so easily? Since you intend to use people, you need to get a firm grasp on people to ensure that they will not turn around and bite you. You need to have a grasp of something or someone that they care about. Only people like that can be used.”

Who knew how many times Noble Lady Yuan had said these exact words since the beginning of this trouble? He was truly helpless and could not argue back. After all, what Noble Lady Yuan had said was correct, and she was his birth mother. He had always been close with his birth mother, and he had never said anything harsh to her. Thus he could only continue to nod while saying: “What Imperial Concubine Mother said is true.” In truth, he had already been careful in this aspect. it was not as though he did not have a grasp of those people. Unfortunately, the people blowing up the mountain had lost their sons, and those chips had been lost.

Noble Lady Yuan sighed: “Now, you can’t even call me Imperial Concubine Mother. Only people of that rank and above can be called that by their sons. As for me…”

“Imperial Concubine Mother, don’t worry.” Xuan Tian Mo gritted his teeth and said with hatred: “Imperial Concubine Mother, don’t worry. Everything that has been lost, son will get it all back for you! There will come a day when we won’t need to pay attention to what others think. Your son will sit on the highest seat and allow you to enjoy the worship of the world!”

Noble Lady Yuan nodded very emotionally and was slightly moved. She knew that her son definitely would not be mediocre. He definitely would not lose to the ninth prince, who had reached his position by relying on the favor his Imperial Concubine Mother had obtained! But after feeling moved, she began to worry about the case of the mine, and she could not help but ask: “Just how long will this trial with the Board of Punishments continue? Just dragging it out like this the entire time isn’t any way to do things. A few days ago, Imperial Concubine Hua came here to speak. Thinking about it, the people outside are also feeling uncertain and anxious.”

“Just let them feel anxious! If one only plans for smooth sailing when trying to accomplish something great, it’s truly a little too naive. Just what sort of level is this? There still needs to be a measure of skill against old ninth and that girl!”