Chapter Ten

A few days pass

"Well the heat is over now, can you tell me why you kissed Noah? I'm confused.." Damien watched me as I was cooking.

After long, painful and boring days of being trapped in a room because of my heat, I'm finally out. I demanded to cook myself this time so I didn't have to kill off my taste buds with his magical grilled cheese. More like burnt cheese..

"Honestly...because I was right. He hasn't come out again since then now has he?" I glanced up at him, he shrugged.

"No...he's been quiet actually. Did you really just...break him with a kiss?"

"It wasn't a kiss. That's not his weakness. His weakness is opening up, caring for others, showing he cares. He is a very blocked off person, that makes him angry" he smirked.

"When did you get so smart?" I stirred the pot a bit more, humming.

"Like I said I'm observant. You taught me that didn't you. In one of our lessons when I was becoming Queen. Always watch my words, be aware. So now, I'm just being aware" I simply stated.

I looked back at my food. The smell of it was already starting to make my mouth water. Suddenly I felt arms  around my waist. I jumped a bit then turned to face him.

"After the week we just had, your still jumpy?" He raised a brow. "Claire Mallak. You are the strangest woman I have ever met"

"You just figured this out? Now shoo, I'm making food"

"But you ate already, I gave you a grilled cheese" I sighed, patting his head.

"You really need to learn how to use a stove..." he chuckled.

"I'm not use to having to cook for myself"

"Oh right. I forget sometimes that you grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth" I teased him. He rolled his eyes. "Did you take your medicine? Has anything gotten better?"

"Control wise. No. We both now that the little demons in my head come out when they please and no medicine will ever fix that"

"It might if you actually take it on time and consistently" he smirked putting his hands on either side of me to, trap me.

"Tomorrow night we are to go to the village. We're taking Anthony back home" I frowned slightly at that statement.

"He's leaving for good then...right?"

"He has to. We can't have another human running around werewolf territory" I suppose he is right.

The thing is I barely got to know my real brother. It sucks that he has to go so soon already. All the time he's been here I've been trapped in my room while he was recovering in his hospital bed.

"We are going to be staying with the humans for a day, but we leave at night. Is that understood?" I nodded at his order.

"Yeah it just...sucks. I wish this situation was different" he sighed, going to sit down at the bar table.

"I know..." I turned back to continue cooking, seeing that my food was done.

I slid my inlet in my plate. I also decided to be nice, making him one as well. I brought both plates over placing one in front of him, I sat down.

"Oh your being nice to me now, your even serving me" he smiled. I could only roll my eyes.

"Don't get use to it mister" I flicked his forehead. He pouted, eating his omelet.

I wonder what my family will be like. I barely know anything. I know I was Annalise. That was my name. My dads alive and something happened to my mom. I wonder what...it sucks I won't get to meet my birth mother.

"What are you thinking about?" I snapped out of my thoughts, looking up at him. He was staring at me resting his cheek on his palm.

"My family...my real family. I missed a lot"

"I'm sure they miss you a lot. When you finally see them, it'll get even better I'm sure of it" I sighed.

"Yeah I know. I feel something in my gut telling me otherwise. I feel like something is wrong"

"Well if you think about it it's all wrong. You didn't even know they existed" I nodded.

He is right. Maybe I'm just thinking about it way too much. Overthinking everything is my specialty. I took
a bite of my food. God, this is so much better. I hummed, enjoying the taste of this way too much. I am such a good cook.

"Do you like your food?" I glanced up at him.

"Yes I do. Thank you" my eyes widen.

Did the king of the werewolves actually use manners and say thank you? I should've got that on tape. He saw my shocked expression and raised a brow.

"What?"

"Didn't know you had manners" I teased him. He chuckled.

"Okay asshole. I do have manners thank you very much" he flicked my forehead. I scoffed slapping him away and started to finish up my food.

"Excuse me my King. Your mother is requesting your presence" a guard had approached us. Famine grumbled something, annoyed.

"Im on my way...come on Claire. Your coming with me" I raised a brow as well.

"Why do I have to go? Your mother hates me" he took my plate from me, throwing out whatever was left on it and putting the dish in the sink.

How dare he? I was eating that!

"That's my point" I felt the headache rush on. "Come on love"

Liam brushed his hair with his hand to his liking. I sighed getting up, his arms interlocking with mine. He leaned over giving me a quick kiss on my head. I hummed, enjoying his company.

I'll never complain when it comes to him being here. That's for sure.

"You sure your mother isn't going to claw out my eyes"

"I won't let that happen" he smiled, leading me.