Chapter 4

After completing all the last rituals for her father Ratika was little upset and decided to roam alone around the ghat to calm herself. She was just wandering here and there as her eyes stuck on to something. Four men were trying beating a boy who was alone and already in a bad shape mercilessly. She ran towards them and tried to stop them. She was continuously shouting on them and was trying to cover that boy. Suddenly she felt uncontrollable pain in her stomach and realised that one of them kicked her hard on her stomach.  A loud shriek escaped from her mouth and she started sobbing. She tried to get up but they held her tight and slapped her. She was out of breath and tried to escape from them. One of the men out of four held her hands at her back and tried to bring them with a piece of cloth. She was really very scared and was continuously asking them to release her but they laughed and kicked her again mercilessly and said that as she interrupted their work and helped their target to escape so she needs to pay price now.

Ratika was crying for help and trying to freeing herself as they were forcing her  to their car. Suddenly she felt a jerk and fall on the ground with a force and within two minutes she saw all the four men lying on the ground. She was shocked to see their condition as they were beaten black and blue . She was hell scared and startled hearing a voice asking her if she is alright.

She shifted her focus towards the voice and was astonished to see a very handsome man with oceanic blue orbs and breathtaking smile on lips. She realized that she was staring at him shamelessly when he cleared his throat and once asked her if she is alright.

Ratika nodded her head and tried to stand but abruptly fall down. On a cue that man help her to stand properly and also release her hands. She saw the red Mark's on her hands and sending the itching sensation rubbed her hands and thanked him for his help. He nodded his head and quickly took out a water bottle from his car and forwarded it towards her. She took the bottle and drank the whole bottle in a single gulp and again thanked him.  Suddenly she felt nauseous and start seeing the black dots everywhere and felt two strong hands holding her and lost her consciousness.