Sixth Year and Potions Class

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, sir," Harry said. "But I haven't got my book yet. Also Ron."

"Do not worry. Get what you want in the cabinet. Now, as I was saying, I prepared some concoctions this morning. Any ideas of what these might be?" Slughorn asked us.

Hermione raised her hand.

"Yes, miss...?"

"Granger, sir," she said. "That one there is a Veritaserum. It's a truth- telling serum."

"And that one is Amortentia potion." I blurted out.

Slughorn looked at me. "Yes, Ms. Rosecharm. I remember your mother. She was just like you. She was an excellent student."

I smiled sadly at the thought of my mother.

"Amortentia's the most powerful love potion in the world. It's rumoured to smell differently to each person according to what attracts them. For example, I smell... new parchment, cinnamon, mint...and green apples." I said then backed away from the cauldron.

I glanced at Draco, who is staring at me.

"Now, Amortentia doesn't create actual love.

That would be impossible, but it does cause
powerful infatuation or obsession, and for that reason...it's the most dangerous potion in this room."

Some girls except me walked to the cauldron to smell the potion, but Slughorn closed it, making them back away quickly.

"Sir, you haven't told us what's in that one." A Gryffindor named Katie Bell asked.

"Oh yes," Slughorn held the potion. "What you see before you, ladies and gentlemen, is a curious little potion known as Felix Felicis, which is more commonly referred to as-"

"Liquid Luck." Hermione said.

"Yes, Ms. Granger. Liquid Luck. Desperately difficult to make. Disastrous should you get it wrong. One sip, and you can find all your endeavours succeed," Slughorn said.

I looked at Draco as he looked up.

I looked back at the potion then at him.

He wants the potion, but for what?

"Until the effect weathers, so this is what I offer each of you today. A tiny vial of Liquid Luck to the student who in the hour that remains manages to brew an acceptable Draught of the Living Dead. The recipe for which can be found on page 10 of your books. You should point out however one student who manage to brew a potion of sufficient quality to claim this prize. Nevertheless, good luck to you all. Let the brewing commence!"

———

THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.

How can you possibly cut a Sopophorous bean?!

I glanced at Draco, who is furiously cutting the bean and cursing under his breath every now and then.

I checked my cauldron and the book every now and then.

"This is so frustrating..." I mumbled.

"Oh my, this is perfect!" Slughorn told Harry.

I turned to Harry with wide eyes.

What? No way. This can't be! I'm top 2 of the class!

I saw Draco glaring at Harry.

———

"So here we are, as promised. One vial of of Felix Felicis. Congratulations." Slughorn said.

Harry is my best friend, but I can't help but get jealous.

I want to have that Liquid Luck so that I can help Draco in whatever problem he has right now.

And maybe he'll turn back to the old Draco I know.

"Use it well." Slughorn said then clapped.

The Gryffindors slowly clapped.

The Slytherins didn't.

Draco glared at Harry. "Why does Potter always get everything?"

What will you smell in an Amortentia potion?