Transfigurations, Potions, Flying Lessons

Chapter 3: Transfigurations, Potions, Flying Lessons

We were writing when the door was opened.

"Look who's late." Draco whispered with a snicker.

I saw Harry and Ron. "Phew! We made it. Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we're late?" Ron said.

The tabby cat turned into Professor McGonagall, surprising both of them.

Hah. They thought.

"That was bloody brilliant." Ron said in awe.

Professor McGonagall smiled.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I transfigure Mr. Potter and yourself into a pocket watch. That way one of you would be on time." She said.

"We got lost." Harry said.

"Then perhaps a map. I trust you don't need one to find your seats."

———

Draco was talking to Crabbe and Goyle then the door opened.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate this subtle science and art of potion making. However, for those select few possess in the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death," Professor Snape said.

Draco smiled.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable it'll feel confident enough to not pay attention." He continued then stared at Harry Potter.

Hermione nudged him. "Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Professor Snape asked Harry.

Hermione raised her hand. Harry shook his head.

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look at if I don't asked you to find me a bezoar?" He asked.

Hermione raised her hand again, making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know, sir." Harry replied.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" He asked.

Hermione raised her hand for the third time.