LevixReader ~Rain~

Levi x Reader

||Rain||

AU

~~

Plit...pat...plit...pat.

This sound always brings peace to your mind.

Yes,that familiar sound that belongs to thick water droplets that came down from the sky in many sorts of ways.

Rain.

In your case,it came down in thick sheets.

There wasn't a sound in the world that gave more peace than rain.

According to you, all you had to do was focus on this one sound, and all your worries would literally wash away.

You currently stare out a window in a vacant room somewhere in the Recon Corps headquarters.

The room consisted of a chair,a piano, and three long windows.

Perfect for staring out at the beautiful water droplets.

On days like these, where the rain wouldn't stop, you'd stand here all day.

Sometimes your good friend Mike would have to come and remind you that it was time to eat lunch.

You sigh lightly, closing your eyes and folding your hands together in front of you.

This.

Is perfect.

As your ears zone out all other noises of the room-such as creaking floorboards- except for the rain,you fail to notice a certain someone standing behind you.

He impatiently taps his foot against the polished wooden floor.

He grunts, annoyed you've failed to take notice of his presence.

As you finally hear his foot-tapping, your eyes snap open.

You slowly turn around to meet the small man's gaze.

You smile,seeing who it is.

"Hello,Levi."

He grunts again,before clearing his throat.

He rolls his eyes and sets his hands on his hips.

"Why the hell are you in here? This... empty room?"

You give a short half-hearted chuckle.

"What I do every time it rains,"you simply reply.

He scowls and makes his famous 'tch' noise.

You turn back around to once again watch your beloved.

You sigh in content.

A silence blankets the room like the dust on every item in the room.

Then you break it with a warm smile that warms up the usually cold room.

"Don't you just love it,Levi?"

This catches the short man's attention.

"Love what?"

You giggle.

"The rain,of course. Don't you just want it to go on...forever?"

His eyes widen a little before they narrow again.

He crosses his arms.

"No. I hate the rain."

You gasp.

"What?"you say in barely a whisper,not believing what the man before you just said.

He starts tapping his foot against the polished floor again.

"Tch. You heard me. I hate the fucking rain. 'Wish the shit would let up already."

Your eyes widen.

You try to find a reason to why this man would hate such a beautiful thing.

Why?

Why would...

"But...but why would you...why do you hate the rain-"

"-Don't fucking ask."

You frown.

Levi walks over to the piano, sitting on its dusty bench,but not before dusting it off with his hand.

He recrosses his arms when he sits down.

"Tch,disgusting,"he mutters.

You quietly walk over to where he sits and gently sit down beside him.

You fold your hands over your knees.

"Hm,let's see,"you mumble. You ponder on your answer,trying to think of something logical.

"Is it because...it messes with your training schedule?"

You immediately smile after you give your answer,knowing you got it correct.

He shakes his head.

"You're such an idiot,"he mutters.

Your smile disappears.

But what else could it be?

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"Sorry,"he mutters.

It's been like that for awhile now. He'd call you an insulting name,and then quickly apologize.

As if he actually cared for your feelings.

You push the thought away and mutter back, "It's fine."

He sighs again,but this time more heavily.

For just a moment, you swear you see a tiny speck of water in the corner of his eye.

"It's...it's because of them,"he whispers, barely audible.

Something snaps in your head.

That's right.

His old friends.

Farlan and Isabel were their names.

If you're not mistaken, you believe they died in the rain.

Levi sets his head in his hands, continuously running his fingers through his raven locks.

You set your hand on his shoulder. You start to rub between his shoulder blades softly with the palm of your hand.

You move your hand to his chin,and lift his head up so his mysterious dull blue eyes meet your bright (e/c) ones.

"It's okay,"you whisper. "It just means every time it rains, they're visiting you."

He gasps and you slightly want to take your words back.

As you start to over think the situation, Levi ever so soft and swiftly brushes his lips against yours.

Your eyes widen.

But then you break into a full-out smile.

You take one of his hands in yours. You set your hand on his head,bringing him down to your chest.

You stroke his hair softly,and hum a tune.

You both sit like that for a long time.

You fail to notice Levi's silently letting tears fall down from his eyes onto your shirt.

Suddenly Levi's greatful for the loud noises of the rain banging heavily against the windows.

.・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

Now every time it rains, you no longer stand in front of the window watching it fall from the sky by yourself.

Levi joins you,and you both stand hand in hand as you watch it fall.

And he swears he sees Farlan and his dear Isabel waving at him from outside, as the sheets of rain fall around them.