ReinerxReader ~Worth It~

ReinerxReader

||Worth It||

(A/N): I love reiner braun mmmmmm + read my other stuff

Note: spoilers in here occurs about future chapters regarding reiner and bertl be aware but read anyways lol

****

Her hand sets on my knee, gripping it quite forcefully, trying to calm me down.
"(Name), come on," for once, Sasha is calm. She's not screaming, or demanding anyone for food, or bothering anybody. Connie stares off into the distance on the other side of the room, his foot tapping against the polished wooden floor. "We should get going. The sun has already set, I think. And Annie is getting ornery-"

Speak of the devil; the short blonde steps in, her steps calm but her face showing irritation. She growls, stepping closer. "Who cares about fucking Reiner, alright? We were suppose to leave at 4, and we've been sitting here for 2 hours extra. Shadis is going to have our asses if we don't-"

"-I know," my hand grips the other knee, my pants becoming tight. "I just..."
I can't go. Not with both Reiner and Krista. That's just pushing it. Honestly, who came up with these groups anyway? I get that Shadis wanted to combine Annie's team (Connie, her, and Reiner) and mine (Sasha, Krista, and I) but this is just ridiculous. It was probably Connie who suggested it. I've never thought much about him, but he's been getting on my nerves lately.
I've always thought of Krista as a friend, but I don't think much anymore. What I saw, what I witnessed, occurred not even 12 hours ago.

Maybe its not Krista's fault. Maybe I'm just randomly blaming. Randomly blaming so it doesn't have to be set on Reiner.
I'm avoiding it, I know that.

"Just go without me," I finally choke out, gripping my pant leg even tighter.

Everyone was given a combined team of 6. We all were given things to achieve, or obtain, before complete nightfall.
I believe our team specifically was given the duty to travel to Sina and smack 'wanted' signs of the well known 'Kenny the Reaper' everywhere we were allowed to.
If we did this and arrived back before 12 AM, we were given a day off of training.

We're obviously going to fail.

"No," Annie snaps. "If we go with a team of 5 and were given a team of 6, we're not going to get what we're doing this for."
I've never seen her this irritated before.
"Seriously, (Name)," I hear Connie groan. "I don't know what your deal is, but I was planning on using that day off to go with Sasha and pick strawberries. So, I'd appreciate it if I actually was able to do that." He crosses his arms and pushes his body off of the beam he was leaning on.

Suddenly, Annie grabs my wrist and pulls me off of the crate. "Gather your whiney ass feelings and lets go. I'm sure all of us would appreciate a day off."

Whiney-ass-feelings? Does she know about Reiner and I?

I stumble forward after she loses contact with my wrist. Sasha smiles. "C'mon (Name). It'll be nice!"
I sigh, and look down. "Alright. Fine."

We finally gather the papers and our horses, and head out.

As I hop onto mine, I look to my right, and see Reiner grabbing Krista's waist to help hoist her up.
He use to help me, too...

It's not even jealousy I'm feeling. It's sadness. I'm not sure if its for the fact that he's moved on so quickly, or never actually moved on, but instead never harbored the same feelings.

That thought, its scary. And I can't stop running it through my brain as I snap the reins and jolt forward.

__