Chapter One

A/N - So I put a big ole' LGBTQ+ warning on this first chapter when I initially published it, but the truth is this story is about sexuality and the many different lifestyles therein. They're not a sex party, though there are a reasonable amount of sex scenes and sexualising of people of all genders. My books are inclusive. Yes, readers, this is the first of a series, and as of September 2021, there are seven books available for your reading pleasure. If you're not in a position to handle that, please go and enjoy one of the many other great stories on Wattpad, okidoki?

PSA: To put it bluntly, my stories contain sex. That automatically categorises them under smut. At the very least, they're for a mature audience, and so be it. There's much more to my characters and their stories, though, and I think you'll like it. I do cover some pretty hefty topics, some of them a bit more confronting to others. You might find yourself on these pages. You may find someone you know, you might not. But you'll find entertainment at the very least.

Please like/vote/share if you enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing.

Xx Caemarion

---------------------

The thud of the car boot slamming shut echoed through the underground car park. Pulling at it to make sure it was secured, James looked about for signs of his wife. Sarah was taking her time, as usual.

He shrugged himself into the driver's seat, his chief responsibility to fit all of their luggage in the car having been fulfilled. To say he was ready to go wasn't entirely as accurate as suggesting he was anxious to get moving.

Not that he'd say that to Sarah.

The love of his life had not been able to contain her excitement for the weekend ahead. James witnessed her pack and repack their bags several times throughout the week. Almost every conversation between them led back to this weekend away. She could not have been more prepared to have the best October long weekend ever.

Still, she unpacked and then packed their bags again last night, managing to find more things they 'absolutely needed'.

Their cat 'Marmaduke' had his auto feeder wholly stocked. James had been sure to give the fluffy biter plenty of love the night before, knowing the hustle of the morning would make the feline scarce as they prepared to leave. Their neighbour's kid promised to drop by every other day to feed their only goldfish 'Moby', though the bigger concern was to make sure Marmaduke got some cuddles. This was essential unless they wanted him to eat Moby out of spite for having been 'abandoned' for the weekend.

With their bags now firmly jammed in the car and their backseat stuffed to the windows with camping gear, James checked off his final mental checklist from the driver's seat.

He filled the car with fuel this morning after running it through the car wash. The small silver hatchback had its scheduled service yesterday. A little earlier than needed, however he'd felt it prudent given todays road-trip.

He fidgeted with the seat's settings, lifting and lowering, sliding back and forth just so - before setting it all back to where it had been all along. He barely managed not to do the same to his mirrors. Though his fingers itched to play with the toggle, though he knew they were fine where they were.

He slid his sunglasses onto his nose before realising the parking garage wasn't nearly bright enough. Now blind, he promptly took them off and stowed them away again, sighing in resignation.

He told himself everything would be fine. That they just needed to get going and get on with this.

Where was Sarah? He looked out through the car windows restlessly.