Chapter 32 - The Date

Start from the beginning

"Let me help you"

"For what?"

"Well, the more I help the faster we can go out, right?"

She looked at me back when she was no longer blushing.

"Do you need to go somewhere else after we hang out later?"

"No, I don't" I shook my head while she came close to the wooden frame again.

"Why are you rushing then?"

I swallowed my throat, unaware of my own action when I was busy reading hers. I guessed Chae caught me already.

"B-because I can't wait any longer"

"Going for dinner?" She asked. "Are you hungry? I can cook something for you"

"The date, Chae..." I whispered as our eyes locked to each other. "I can't wait to have a date with you"

I gave her another round of surprise again that almost pushed her eyes out. She really looked like she couldn't believe what I just said to her. What a cutie!

"What? You said we are just going out?" She gave me a confused look while her hand was gripping on the frame again.

"Oh really? I didn't finish my sentence?" I laughed a little. "I want to take you out for a date, Chae"

"Are you serious?"

I placed my hand on top of hers, pushing my head even close until my front met the wooden partition.

"Yeah, I'm dead serious right now" I smiled, eyes looking at her lips that were so near for a kiss if only she was my girlfriend. "Or you don't want to?"

Natalie's voice interrupted in time as I was expecting Chae to respond.

"What are you guys whispering about?"

"Nothing!" Chae said when she turned her head towards the other woman. "Are you done at the back?"

"Yes, just waiting for you to clean up the front-" Natalie paused as she looked at the outside tables. "...that already cleaned?"

"Nat, you can go home first" Chae suggested, still keeping her hand on the frame as if she wanted me to keep holding it. "You don't have to wait for me"

"Are you sure? You haven't even cleaned your station-"

"I will go out with Lisa after this" She sounded so nervous talking to her housemate about our plans and I just couldn't help to smile because of it. "I will close the stall by myself"

Natalie's eyes took a quick ran towards me and I showed her what my grin looked like.

"Okay," She reponded to Chae as she walked away. "Just make sure you don't come home crying again"

"Nat!"

"Have a great night later," She nodded at me who was still standing outside of the station. "See you again, detective"

My eyes followed the figure of Natalie until that woman was gone among the crowds, taking them back towards Chae only to realise she was already staring at me from this limited space between us. None of us wanted to move just yet.

"Lisa, I would need to at least change"

"What's wrong with your clothes?"

"I can't go out for a date wearing my uniform"

I smiled again when I just remembered something about her. She was the same Chae who wore a knee length dress only for a movie hang out. It wasn't a wonder if she would want to wear something nicer than that dress for a real date with me. But I wouldn't let clothing issues made our date less meaningful.