twenty-two

Start from the beginning

"Yeah because the world sucks a lot", Taejeon let out, smile fading away. "It does", Sam agreed quietly. "I want McDonalds but Mom says it's unhealthy."

"SAME", Taejeon squeaked out and his eyes widened. "Let's go to McDonalds", Taejeon decided but Taehyung didn't reply, he just drove right to the hospital. "It's Christmas Eve, we won't eat McDonalds-", Lyza sighed. "Even though I love it."

"Now we know where that McDonalds love comes from", Skylar chuckled, "It's in your DNA-"
Taejeon and Sam scrunched their noses, "Ew stop", Taejeon said and Sam nodded, "I refuse to believe I have the same DNA as the big head over there", Taejeon said and pointed at Sam. Sam nodded, "I think it is cool but I am the upgrade."

"Woah-", Lyza let out. Skylar and Taehyung smiled a little and for a moment everything felt alright.

The past week all of them had spent together. Skylar refused to leave Lyza by herself after she found her with Taehyung and Finn. They called the police and since that day, the cops were searching for the guy. Taehyung told Lyza to stay at the apartment and so did Skylar with Lili and Sam. It just made sense because Taejeon kept getting better and better with every day he had Lili by his side. The girl kept pushing him out of bed in the mornings and took him out for walks even though he wasn't able to walk. Taejeon wasn't mad at Taehyung and his mother anymore after Skylar was there because there was no interaction which made him afraid of losing any of them. Lyza slept on the couch together with Skylar, Lili slept in Taejeon's room and Sam wanted the king size bed of Jungkook, so he got to share the bed with Taehyung.

And it was fine, everyone felt okay again. It wasn't as lonely and scary anymore like it was before because they had each other. Just that the happiness was missing. And they were pretty sure, happiness was called Jungkook and laid in the hospital bed right in front of them right now.

Jungkook had his eyes shut peacefully, chest moving calmly and his breath going smoothly through the oxygen mask. "Merry Christmas, Baby", Taehyung hummed and the others stayed back, letting him go first.
They all had someone to hold hands with right now, Lili was holding Taejeon's and Sam stood on the floor, holding Lyza's and Skylar's hand while looking up at Jungkook. "Is uncle Jungkook waking up today?", the small boy asked with big eyes.
Taehyung shook his head, "No, but we'll stay with him because Christmas isn't Christmas without him."

Sam nodded, "Okay, can I give him my present first."
"You have a present for him?", Skylar asked amused. No one actually thought that Sam even understood the whole drama around Jungkook. "Of course, I have presents for everyone", the kid explained with a big smile between his puffy cheeks. He grabbed his little bag and pulled out a flower he had made out of paper. He waddled over to Jungkook and put it on his nightstand, "This is because winter will be over soon and with flowers comes happiness", he said proudly, "I think Jungkook looks like a flower."

"How does he look like a flower", Taejeon rolled his eyes, "Go away, gnarf. I want to give my present to MY Dad now", he explained and got to Jungkook's bed. "Dad", he said softly, "I know you're still in there", he hummed and tapped his father's chest, "I think you slept enough, it's time to wake up so I bought you an alarm clock."
The kid explained and pulled out a small alarm clock and placed it on Jungkook's pillow. "It plays One Direction, I know you hate it."

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle, "Taejeon can't you be nice for one goddamn day-"

"No, I can't. Can you?", Taejeon smiled at Taehyung and tilted his head innocently.
Taehyung shook his head amused and then sat down on one of the chairs. Jihyo and Namjoon seriously built up a small christmas tree for them in Jungkook's room and put up some fairylights. "I wish he could see all of this", Taehyung hummed and Lyza nodded, "He would love it so much.."