CHAPTER 12

Jungkook pushed the giant doors of the dining hall open, casting light into the only dimly lit room.

The queen and king, both dressed in delicate red, were simultaneously looking up.

Taehyung lifted his gaze off his plate only slowly looking at Jungkook with an expression the latter couldn't quite decipher.

All three were seated at the dining table, the fireplace lit and crackling.

The doors shut behind him, closed by Yoongi who had followed behind Jungkook. He stayed there, glancing frantically at every face in the room.

"Jungkook, marvellous! Taehyung was just telling us about the art of the north. Magnificent! Exhilarating! You must listen," the queen sang as she clapped shortly, then picked a grape off her plate and ate it happily with a high pitched, ridiculous hum.

The traveler broke his eye contact with the prince and averted his eyes elsewhere, shifting Jungkook's attention to his new focus; the half empty drinks of the king and queen.

Their glasses were nearly empty, left was a thin layer of red on their rim glinting beautifully in the candlelight.

Yet the prince felt a deep cut to his heart.
..."Taehyung, please. I bet Jungkook also finds interests in the northern ways. I mean he—"...
He cried out, it was short and airy, involuntary tears shot to his eyes as he ran to the king and queen.

He broke down when reaching his parents, throwing both their glasses to the ground as he held himself up by the table's cover resulting in him being stung by a few pieces of shattered glass.

"What is it now, Jungkook?" the queen asked loudly, irritation dripping in her voice as she rolled her eyes at the sobbing boy in front of her.

The prince's sadness morphed visibly into anger. His shoulders were shaking as he frowned at both of the rulers.

"Did you drink this?" he asked clasping the ends of the table, trying to calm his strong heartbeat as he pulled himself to his feet again.

The queen, taken aback by the aggressiveness, nodded with a hand to her chest.

The prince looked at his father, who as well nodded though hesitantly while glancing at his wife.

He paused shortly, exhaling with closed eyes, then took one of the candles which lit the room in a warm orange and threw it against the wall behind the king and queen, who both shuddered by this.

The queen let out a muffled scream and threw herself closer to the king, who froze with wide eyes.

"Fuck you Kim," he growled turning to his opponent and locking eyes with a stranger.

The prince's eyes were teary, deadly and threatening, the traveler's were hard, calm and sure.

"What is it, Jungkook? Calm down!" the queen said sternly coughing at the end of her sentence as she steadied herself against the table with her elbow.

"Shut up! You have no idea, what he did! Everything he has done was lying!" Jungkook screamed, pointing at the traveler, who simply observed the prince carefully.

The coughing didn't halt, making Jungkook's attention shift to his mother again.

She violently held onto the ends of the table, her husband who was clearly concerned held her back.

"Mother!" the anger in the prince's voice had vanished and was replaced with pure and bitter fear.

He walked around the long table to hold her, the sharp pieces of the broken glas stabbing into his flesh as he ran, making him limp and cry out but that all wasn't able to stop him for he wasn't able to feel anything but betrayal.