CHAPTER 3

He halted, paused for a few seconds and then stared at Taehyung as if he had just crashed through the ceiling and then given birth to three kangaroos, all of which he somehow was breastfeeding now.

"Wha— what!?" Jungkook stuttered wide eyed, grasping the glass tighter.

A smile stretched across Taehyung's face. "Would you like to sword fight me? Just for fun... it might clear your mind," he suggested leaning slightly closer to the other.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung, a scowl forming on his face by the close proximity, he glared at latter, moving off the wall and putting more space between them.

"This is a ball. And you ask me to sword fight?"

"I thought you'd be more willing to fight me than volunteer to dance with me," the other admitted, scratching his neck, "yet if you'd like. I would gladly—"

"We'll have the most space in the training fields."

"... to dance?"

"To sword fight!" Jungkook emphasised, hurrying the traveler outside, while being watched by the queen who held a evilly victorious smile, as she stopped Yoongi from following the two.

"Forgive my doubt, your highness. But do you think it's wise to let the prince alone with someone like him?" the guard enquired his eyes glued on Jungkook's retracting figure.

"I think it's a brilliant idea. He seems to be interested in my son and they'd be a perfect match. They'll be happy," she said casually with a dismissive shrug.

___________________________________

"Did you grow tiered of my father or he of you?" Jungkook asked as they were walking through the gardens yet again, his drenched sleeve clinging to his freezing arm but he was too focused on the anticipated fun he'll have beating a well known fighter, the cold was rather encouraging him than anything else.

"I was telling him about that time when I was locked in a coffin underground for nearly a day, he is discussing with another of his guests how long one would possibly survive.
If you're asking me—"

"I am not." The prince interrupted him, his eyes never leaving the way to the training fields.

Taehyung chuckled, watching the prince lead determinately. After a few minutes of silence he asked carefully, "Who exactly is this Jimin?"

Jungkook slowed down, his face paling ever so slightly as he nearly halted. How did he know about him? "He is a friend of mine."

"A slave?"

Jungkook glared over his shoulder at Taehyung. "A friend."

"He is more than a friend?" Taehyung asked quietly but the prince still heard him.

He turned around, walking backwards while locking eyes with his companion.

"How do you even know his name?" he asked with squinted eyes but turned right back around.

Taehyung was about to reply when Jungkook excitedly jogged towards the training ground that was already in sight. He sighed and ran after him.

The prince picked two wooden swords, one he kept to his right side, the other one he threw to Taehyung, who missed to catch it, making it hit his shoulder and fall to the ground. "Are you serious?" he asked laughing at the other's obvious confusion.

Taehyung picked the sword up smiling adoringly at Jungkook's cocky grin.

"It must have been a really small nine foot gladiator," he commented while starting to walk along an invisible circle opposite to the traveler.