xiv。the people you want to save

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

JIMIN woke with a start, a nightmare infecting his dreams as he slept through the night. Or, he thought it was a nightmare. The more he thought about it, the more he realized it was actually memories flooding back into his mind. He saw the shadow man from before, following him everywhere he went. Each time the dream shifted, it was just another scene of the man following Jimin. He had a stalker. The man who did this to Jimin must have been a stalker, right? But he couldn't understand how or why he would have one, and what they wanted with him. The more he tried to remember the more his head hurt, so he decided to lie back down and tell Yoongi about his discovery in the morning.

—☼—

"Well, it wasn't easy but I got the medical records," Taehyung said with a sigh, slamming the file onto the desk. "I still don't know why this couldn't have waited until the morning."

"It's morning somewhere, Doc," Yoongi teased. "Now tell me what's inside."

"You can read it if you wanted to, but whatever." Taehyung flipped open the file and started to read to Yoongi the information inside. The first few pages were basic information about the patient, but a few pages in they finally got to what they were looking for. "It says he received head trauma with a blunt object and had a bunch of other scraps and bruising across his body. And..." Taehyung kept reading, but he didn't say the words out loud. This was information no one told them about, not even his family. Did Jimin's family not even know? Did the doctor's keep this a secret? What was going on? Taehyung turned to Yoongi who had a sour expression on his face. "Yoongi—"

"I already know what happened. I want those doctor's fired." The detective stood up but Taehyung grabbed his arm, preventing him from going anywhere.

"How's he gonna take it?"

"It's possible he's already figured it out. If not, I'll just have to break it to him. Maybe the shock will push him back into his body, I don't really know. But he's the only one who knows who did this to him, so I have to get it out of him." Yoongi turned and gave a soft smile to Taehyung, but the doctor could see through it. Even so, Taehyung didn't say anything and let him go, watching him leave his office on his own.

Taehyung wasn't sure when the right time would be to tell him, but he knew that interaction wasn't. Maybe telling him wasn't a good idea after all, maybe Yoongi wanted to stay this way. That wasn't for the doctor to decide; Taehyung needed to find the time to let Yoongi know his discovery. It was truly important. But with everything the detective was doing, this might only add to his stress.

What a dumbass cop, Taehyung thought as he put Jimin's file away under other ones to hide it from view. Always thinking about the people you want to save, not about yourself.