||32 I Can't Live Without You||

****

****

It had felt nothing but agonizing. The wait was too much to take. They were impatient, they had no idea what was going in the factory. Khizir and Shehreyar was informed by Rayyan that he was going to bring the Police with them, and so they were waiting near the factory.

Khizir passed his hand in his hair and moved towards another corner. His eyes holding unshed tears.

I am so bad Shifa...so bad. I should have understood you...I…I lost you...it was all my fault Shifa...why didn't you shout on me...why did you stop talking to me...you became so far...I missed you. I missed our fights...I missed the time you used to call me owl...why did you leave me little rat?

I am so stupid...I have no senses...I...I can't live without you...I can't.

It felt to him like she could hear, yet little did he know it was all waste. The harm was done...the person whom he had hurt was gone. He didn't know what do? He wiped his tears and looked back to find police and all.

“Assalamoalaikum.” He said coming towards them.

“Walekum asslam.” Rayyan replied.

“Mr Shehreyar can you tell me the time and all the details related to the kidnap of your sister and wife?” The police commissioner asked.

Shehreyar explained them everything from the start...the cards and roses the calls and about Zawar.

“Shehreyar Zawar is my business partner also and the time when there was a fire breakdown in our factory he was behaving quite weird. I have an eye on him since then. Though we couldn't find any solid proof against him.” Rayyan said.

“Insha Allah everything will be fine.” Rayyan consoled them and all of them proceeded.

___________

According to the plan was Shehreyar and Khizir entered the factory through one of the windows while the police covered whole factory and few of them went inside through another way.

With slow step Shereyar and Khizir were moving in the huge area of the factory where big carton boxes were placed here and there. Till now, they had checked 3 rooms but there was no sign of Irfa and Shifa.

“Hey...who are you?” Someone shouted making them turn around. There were two men with some wooden bats in their hand. They abruptly ran towards them with their weapons.

One of them hit the bat on Shereyar's shoulder making him wince in pain. Shehreyar composes himself and punched the guy. He was a bulky man so it was quite tough to keep up with him. Shehreyar's mind wasn't thinking straight, the message Irfa had sent rotated in his mind.

The guys once again hit him with the bat, but this time he anyhow got the bat in his hand and smashed it on the guy's head. Khizir on the other hand was handling the other one. 

“Shehreyar go search them I will handle him.” Khizir said and Shehreyar nodded going towards the other door.

“What's this noise?” another voice boomed in the hall when Khizir had almost beaten hell out of the two guys. He turned around only to find tow man coming towards him.

His blood boiled looking at the man who was the root of so many problems. He got up and straight away punched him in his face making Zawaar lose his balance.
“You piece of shit...how dare you?” Zawaar shouted while the other man punched Khizir making him stumble back. The anger and guilt was too much to think straight and without giving it a double thought he lunged forward. Punching and kicking the man as much he could while Zawaar tried to hold him back.

He turned towards Zawaar but before he could do anything he was hit by something hard on his head. The sudden contact made him lose his balance, and he fell on his knees. Holding his head he collapsed on the floor trying not to get unconscious.

“He isn't alone I am sure, let's go find the other.” Zawaar spoke.

“Are you serious, look at me do you think I can even walk?” Saadan snapped as he sat on the floor. Zawaar shot him a glare and went away alone.

Shehreyar had searched everywhere and the only place left was a room, some policemen were helping him. The moment he opened the door of the room, he couldn't stop the gasp that left his mouth.

Irfa was sitting beside Shifa with her eyes closed, her face holding agony. It felt like someone had thrown a bucket of ice water on him.  Shifa's face was filled with tear's stain as she looked up. Her eyes widening for a moment and then her eyes glistened with hope.

He moved towards them and sat on his knees.
“I... I am…am..s...sorry.” he said with quivering lips and a tear escaped his eyes. Irfa's eyes snapped open hearing the familiar voice. It felt like a dream, seeing him in front of her eyes yet it wasn't. He was there...he really was there. His promise wasn't a lie, he was there to protect her.

“I am sorry I couldn't protect you.” he whispered, tears flowed down his face. Glancing between his wife and sister he wiped the salty waters running down.

“Bhai it was not your fault...don't cry...'” Shifa said and hugged his brother...yet his wife was silent.

“Shehreyar... Come out fast Zawar is under arrest.” Rayyan came running and informed them.

Helping both of them he came out. Zawaar was in hold of police while one other man was also lying on the floor and Khizir was sitting on his knees.

Khizir looked up with hazy vision and saw her coming towards him. All those memories of him shouting on her, them playing together, bickering on small things...everything came crashing in his mind. He just kept staring her, fearing that if he would remove his eyes...she would disappear.

Coming towards him she couldn't help the tears that had finally flowed down, for him. She slowly caressed his cheeks and made him stand on his feet.

“Shehreyar! Why do you always come in my way?” Zawaar shouted like a mad man and tried to get free from the hold of some policemen but failed. Shehreyar's eyes fell on the other man who was lying on the floor.

“Sir who is this man?” Shehreyar asked.

“Sadaan.” Irfa's voice made everyone look towards her with a quizzical look.

“He is Sadaan my cousin...mamu's son.”she said.

“He killed him...he killed my mamu....” she shouted.

“Why?...why did you do this....just for that property you killed your own father. Why did you do this?” she whisper yelled and started crying but the information everyone received was beyond shocking. Seeing her cry Shehreyar instantly held her shoulder, making her lay her head on his chest.

“Why Shehreyar...what was my mamu's fault?” she whispered.

“Mr Shehreyar we will take other information later I request you to return.” The police commissioner making him nod in agreement.

Asking Shifa to hold Irfa, Shehreyar went toward Khizir who was having difficulty in standing straight. He forwarded his hand towards him but before Khizir could react he heard a gunshot and soon after a painful gasp.

__________

Assalamoalaikum everyone.

This is the second last chapter.

The next one will be last and then epilogue.

Vote and comment.