||18 She Is Mine||

***

***

A week had passed to the incident of Joshua and Irfa and not a day went when Shehreyar didn't think about that. It was jealousy, but then he didn't even know. In the offi,ce work was going like always and Irfa still was struggling a little but Mr Ahmed was helping a lot.

It was Sunday after a long week, Shifa was too engrossed in her university as the starting days were busy, from running around to get to know her classes and registration of different forms and activities. All in all it was hectic.

“Assalamoalaikum mami.” Khizir greeted entering the house with his mother and Zainab.

“Walekum assalam beta....what a surprise?” Saba replied with a grin on her face. Welcoming them inside she called Irfa.

“Assalamoalaikum phupo...how are you?” She came near her and hugged her, the smile of seeing her aunt was evident on her face, it was beautiful.

“Walekum assalam beta I am fine how are you?” She asked gesturing her to sit next to her. They got indulged in a conversation, the laugh and smiling once again prevailed making each of them forget about their tiring week.

Sometime later Shehreyar entered the lounge area and found the guest making him smile. He came forward and saw Irfa laughing with Khizir, the pang of jealousy that had cooled down a bit erupted again, now the target was Khizir. Clenching his fist in anger he tried to control his emotions.

'Why is she laughing?' he thought

Can't she laugh you idiot? As usual his inner voice was in her favor but little did he know it was he himself who was having two different thoughts. It was getting too much for him to control, it was so pathetic of him to get jealous of her laughing with others but then love makes you pathetic.

“Irfa please come here.” he called her trying to be calm. Irfa and Khizir saw each other with confusion, and she went to him. Still thinking what went wrong this time.

“Um…can you give me the file which I gave you yesterday?” He asked.

“For?” She raised her eyebrows. He had given it yesterday saying that everything was checked then what was the need for taking it back?

“I have to recheck it.” He said making her confused more than she was.

“But you said it's done?”

“Please give it...”he said simply yet the rudeness of his voice made her agree. It was better to return it back than hear his scolding.