chapter twenty five

Start from the beginning

"By the way, your mom is attracted to Aries."

I scrunched up my face in disgust, unable to stop the wave of nausea that fell over me. "You have to be joking."

"I'm not. Incubi can always sense the attraction by smelling the arous-"

I cut him off. "Please, stop. This is disgusting."

"-al. It took over his senses-"

I pushed myself up, clamping my hands firmly over his mouth. He looked back at me with teasing blue eyes, hoisting me on his lap. He moved my hands from his mouth, leaving soft kisses all over my face.

"I'm sorry, Natalia," he murmured.

"You're not sorry," I scoffed, despite the butterflies in my stomach as he showered my face in kisses.

"You're right," he said. I rolled my eyes at him but couldn't help the smile arose on my face. "Are you nervous for us to meet your mom and stepdad?"

"Kind of," I admitted. "It's not like she'll know about us, but sometimes with my mom I feel like she'll find out anything."

"She won't," he said, "unless you tell her."

"I know, but it's still a fear that I have that I can't really explain. Try to keep it in your pants tomorrow, Silas," I patted his cheek jokingly. "You can fuck me as much as you want tonight but tomorrow I'm off limits."

"That'll only make me desire you more," he said, his hand trailing up my back. I felt a shiver run up my spine.

"At least you're kind of better at hiding it," I muttered. "Aries just..."

"Good luck with that," he said, making me laugh. "He is incredibly obvious. He has no fear."

"I know. He really doesn't. He would fuck me even if God himself was in the room," I mumbled, shaking my head. "I had a long day at work today."

"Did you see Jasmine?"

I nodded. "Are you going to start talking to her? Or are you two just going to continue ignoring the other's existence?"

His lips thinned, both annoyed yet contemplating what to say. "I'll think about it."

"But will you actually? Or will you just keep saying you will and not actually doing anything about it?"

"I miss her," he muttered. "But I'm still angry."

"I get it. But she's your sister. I know she misses you too."

He sighed, looking away from me. "You're right. I'll speak with her when I'm ready. And I'm just not ready yet."

"I understand," I gave him a small smile. He kissed me gently.

"I..." he murmured, holding me tightly. "I really enjoy being with you."

I bit my inner cheek. "I really enjoy being with you too."

"You're blushing," he acknowledged, kissing my burning cheeks once more. "I adore you."

My breathing hitched, unsure of what to say. "Why are you so sweet?"

"Because of you. I never felt half of what I do now until I met you."

I frowned, wrapping my arms around him and hugging him tightly. He hugged me back. I wasn't sure what to say. I was feeling a lot, unable to deny the budding, blooming connection that we shared.

I smiled at him, brushing his messy hair behind his ear, gazing at him as he laid his head back on the couch cushion to get a better look at me. I saw his mouth twitch a little, but it never raised into a full smile. I leaned in, leaving a soft kiss on his nose before I decided that, that was enough intimacy. I wasn't used to romantic intimacy in the slightest, so I did what I did best. I climbed off of him, turned the the tv on and let us linger in silence.