Chapter 1: Don't talk to guys.

She woke up from her unconscious state, her body was sore and unresponsive. She could barely lift her finger. She looked around the room she was in, examining everything.

Then HE walked in.

Her heart started to pound. He was so forceful with her last night. How could she have forgotten!? Her lower half hurt like hell! He smiled a sickly sweet smile at her, sitting on the bed beside her.

She reached her hand up to run her fingers through her hair. He cut it... her precious hair...

"How are you feeling?" He asked as if he was concerned.

She couldn't help but allow the tears that wanted to desperately free themselves from her eyes sockets fall. "Y-You monster..." she whispered brokenly, biting back the sobs that also wanted to escape.

He grinned proudly. "You think that was bad? You ain't seen nothing yet Princess." He chuckled and got up from the bed, moving around so he could grab some clothes for her. "Get up, take a shower, fix your face and come down stairs for breakfast." He said, his smile gone.

She waited for him to leave, before sitting up and attempting to get off the bed. She groaned and bit her lip, biting back the whimper that wanted to be released. With that, she did her daily routine, putting on clothes that were given to her.

She used to live a wonderful life. She ran away and met him. He changed her life and most definitely not for the greater good. Her clothes were plain and simple. Long sleeved to cover up to the marks on her skin. She was never the type to dress up this way.

She used to dress in gorgeous outfits regardless on her living status. But HE won't allow her to. Too many guys stare apparently. She wanted to reason with him, but he told her that her arguing with him made her look like a whore. So she kept her mouth shut.

Once she was ready, she grabbed her bag and walked down the stairs. Just because she wasn't living with her dad did not mean her and Jackson weren't 17. They still had school. He sat at the table, his phone to his ear as he ate.

Her not wanting to be yelled at quietly sat down, and began eating the little amount of food on her plate. He was saying she was getting fat, so he makes her eat little amounts of food everyday.

"Hey baby girl... you up for tonight?" He asked through the phone, his hand reaching over to run his fingers slowly through Danielle's hair. Danielle ignored him and continued to eat, never taking her eyes off the plate in front of her.

Once she was finished, she sat there quietly and waited. "Alright babe. I'll see you later." He hung up the phone. His attention darted over to Danielle. Her eyes were still glued to the empty plate infront of her.

He didn't look pleased. "I thought I told you to fix your damn face." He said in a stern tone. She looked up at him confused, she knew she placed makeup on her face to hide the blemishes and bruises?

He narrowed his eyes. "You're not stepping out this house until I see a smile." She then realized what he meant and placed her normal facade. She smiled "brightly" up at him. It was convincing, yet still. If you looked closely you can see the twinkle she once had is gone.

He eye'd her up and down, before looking away. "Good girl. Let's go." She followed him silently. It was their first day back from Fall Break. They got in Jackson's car, and left.

Once they arrived at the school, Danielle was about to get out until she heard a voice. "Did I say step out the car?" Jackson said, never taking his eyes off the school infront of him. She instantly shut the door and sat back down.

"When we get into this school, you are not to speak to any male here. If I catch you talking to one there will be consequences princess." He looked over to her with a glare. She instantly nodded. "Words."

"Yes sir..." she mumbled. He nodded then got out his car, starting his way to the school. She followed, but made sure to stay a good distance away from him.

She got into the school and headed for her locker. Before she had to chance to open it it was slammed shut by the one and only Queen Bee herself. Beatrice. She smirked and leaned against the locker beside hers.

"Ah, long time no see orphan girl. Guess what? We're locker mates! Isn't that just grand?" She giggled. Danielle never looked at her and just stared at her locker. "Yea, thats great." She said in a low tone, a small fake smile on her face.

Beatrice rolled her eyes and watched as Danielle gathered her books from her backpack. She placed her bag into her locker, but before she could move anywhere, Beatrice placed her foot out so Danielle could intentionally trip and fall.

The people around laughed at her defeated form on the floor, and Beatrice gave a giggle. "Whoops, accidents happen!" She smiles and walked passed her, not even bothering to help. Danielle stayed silent and allowed her hair to cover the embarrassment on her face.

She silently got up and grabbed her books one by one. Suddenly a figure crouched infront of her and grabbed a book handing it to her. She looked up confused, wondering who in the world would help her.

It was a guy. He had dirty blonde hair and gorgeous green eyes. He gave her a small smile. "You alright?" He asked, his voice thick with a British accent. She had then figured out who he was. His name was Marcus, and he was in one of her classes. She opened her mouth to say something, but someone caught her eye.

Behind him in the distance stood Jackson. He was surrounded by a group of girls, but his attention was on her. He was glaring daggers. On instant Danielle stood and backed away, her eyes never leaving his. Then she looked down, took the book from him and left.

She went to her first class and sat in the back, pulling the hood from her hoodie over her head. She sighed and looked down. Why does everyone hate her so much? What has she ever done to deserve this?

She closed her eyes, her life starting to replay itself in a dream as if she was watching a movie ....

———————————————————-

Cliffhanger !!!! 🥳