| T W O |

Mariella

Yesterday, after getting home from the park, in which we cautiously walked from, I found some roses on the doorstep

Yesterday, after getting home from the park, in which we cautiously walked from, I found some roses on the doorstep. Weird. I chucked them in the garbage.

I have just woken up, and of course, I'm late. I must've snoozed the alarm 20 times! It's a Monday so I need to get Angel and Vivi to kindergarten. I definitely was not ready for them to start school earlier in the year, but by now I am used to the schedule. Hopping out of bed with a sigh, I decide to start the day.

After bathing Vivi and Angel together, I then dress them in their uniforms. Vivi in a plaid dress with white thick tights, and Angel in a plaid button-up and beige khakis. After that, they have their breakfast, eggs of course. It's funny really, I remember the smell or even mention of eggs was gag-worthy when I was pregnant. Now they can't stay away from them.

I quickly shoulder their small messenger backpacks, using my other arm to carry Vivi. Angel as always, holds my hand. We start the slightly longer walk to the school in which they attend.

After dropping them off, I make way to the large caffé to start some work.

-5 hrs later-

I took my lunch break to go and pick up the kids from school. So here I am, right? Watching the traffic minding my own business when all of a sudden I am stopped by a police officer. He informs me that the sidewalks have to be closed off to everyone due to a bank robbery in the area.

Shit!

I am so going to be late to pick them up. Who even robs a bank anymore? Aren't there like other advanced ways to steal money? Maybe an atm or something? I still don't understand why they would close off the sidewalk though.

As I'm walking along, I notice a red SUV slowly riding alongside me. Oh great, kidnapper alert. Just kidding, I'm probably psyching myself out. Just to be safe, I start to jog slightly, but the car speeds up with me.

Ohmygod I'm going to die. Ok deep breaths, deep bre-

The next thing I know I'm screaming and being pulled into the SUV by three men. One guy is bald and really bulky, probably 40 or something. The other two both look younger, one with dirty blondish slicked-back hair and the other with dark brown shoulder-length hair.

"Hey, uh, could I maybe like get out of here?" smooth Mari, real smooth.

"SHUT UP," the big bald bad guy screams at me from the driver's seat.

Geez, way to make a girl deaf. "Listen I have something really important to do right now, could we just resume this later?" I know I shouldn't be talking still, but I just need to get the kids safe.