1

My boyfriend sat in front of me. Boyfriend. This was true. He was somebody I met because of things out of my control.

He rambled about past scenarios and when we first met. It seemed to truly excite him. It's always the same thing with this boy friend of mine. 

He's predictable, childish , well admired all around the board. He also wants to be my fiance. How do I know? Because he's predictable.

He left his proposal ring in the hamper of the dirty clothes. I put it where I know he meant to leave it, in his drawer. Along where he leave all of the things he buys for me. Like he's trying to show off the fact that ,"He is a good boyfriend."

I chuckled to myself at his ignorance and obliviance to him talking highly of himself. Like always. "A damn good boyfriend," he would say. "A mighty fine young man if I do say so myself."

Oh, but here's the end game, "You should be damn lucky you have me babe." I sigh and nod. I've always looked out for others more than myself. 

Being with him was a product of me looking out for others more than me.

I met him after college, after my divorce because I was married. I was happily married, until I told some people who I was married to.

The people.

They destroyed me.

They destroyed us... I'm sorry.