The Full Moon Ball

A few days later

I sat down at my vanity in my old room. I pull out my phone and turn my music on shuffle. Tonights the Full Moon Ball and I have a few hours to get ready. Apparently the ball a really big deal around heal. Everyone gets all dressed up to dance, drank champagne, and mingle the whole night. At first, I wasn't going to go to this Ball but the longer I stay here the more curious I get about the strange people in this town. So here I am at my vanity putting on makeup to go to a silly ball about the moon.

I just do a simple makeup look. Some light foundation and simple blush as well as natural eye shadow and mascara. I look at my hair, I had put it in a messy bun so it would be out of my face while I did my make up. I take the hair tie out of my hair and shake my head my hair falling down around my shoulders. I pull out my Hair curler and turn it on. I decide to go with vintage waves because I think it will look best with my dress. After what feels like forever I finish curling my hair and begin to style the curls. I look in the mirror pleased with my hair and makeup. I stand and begin undressing from my regular clothes as well as my bra because my dress is too low cut for a bra. Standing in just my panties I walk over to my closet opening the door. My dress is hanging in a garment bag near the back. I walk in and grab it taking the dress out of the bag. It is a black dress with a low v cut in the front, a slit at the bottom, and also has a gold belt around the waist. I unzip it and throw it over my head putting it on. After struggling with the zipper I finally get it fully on. I walk back in my closet and grab my shoes for tonight.  I bought black high heels to go with my dress. I sit down on my bed and put the heels on. Carefully standing up I walk over to my mirror and look at myself fully dressed and ready. Smiling I do a spin. I feel really confident and hot in this dress. 

I walk down the stairs being careful in my heels. I find heels pretty easy to walk in but going down the stairs in a pair of heels can be daunting. I grab my gold clutch and put my chapstick in it. I open the uber app on my phone and order an uber because I don't have a car here and I don't want to walk all the way to the ball. I sit on the couch and play on my phone as I wait for my uber. However, I get a little homesick from seeing all the different posts on Instagram of my friends from back home. Hopefully, it will just be a few short weeks and I can be back on a plane on my way back home to my mother and all my friends. Before I can get too sad I get a text from my uber telling me their here. I put my phone in my clutch and walk out to go to the uber. I lock the door behind me also putting my keys in my clutch. I hop in the back of the uber only to see that its the guy from the hardware store. That's weird.

"Hey, Ms. Stirling. Going to the ball?" Asked the man whose name I can't remember.

"Yes," I answer. "Are you not going?" I ask him. God, why can I not remember his name?

"Nah, the Harringtons never really attend the ball" he informs me.

"Oh," I softly respond.  I stare out the window thinking about his answer. Why would a whole family not attend the ball? Maybe they think it's boring. After a few minutes in somewhat awkward silence, it hits me. Ellis! His name is Ellis! Not that it really matters but now I know his name. A few minutes later Ellis pulls up to a huge house.

"Well this is it Wilcox manor home of the annual Full Moon Ball," Ellis says stopping the car. 

Wilcox? Like Luke Wilcox the strange man, I meet the day I got lost in the woods. A chill goes through my body. I pull out money to tip Ellis and thank him as I get out of the car. He thanks me and pulls away leaving me in the driveway looking at the giant house. It's still light out and the moon isn't out yet but people are constantly being dropped off or parking their own cars and going up to the house. I take a deep breath and make my way up the steps of the house to the front door. I walk in and the sight in front of me takes my breath away. The house is absolutely gorgeous.