Him

The whole night I dreamt of him. The mysterious man known as Lucius Wilcox.  I want him but I barely even know him or anything about him. Why do I feel this longing for this man I don't know?

I climb out of bed and walk downstairs to the kitchen. The floor is cold on my feet as I search through the fridge for something to eat. I decide to just eat toast because nothing else seems good at the moment. after toasting the bread and putting butter on it I sit down at the table to eat. I pull out my phone and text mother as I eat.

Good morning darling! How has Whitemoor been? My mother had sent.

 Its been fine the towns just a little strange I respond to mother.

I don't know why your father wanted to move there in the first place. Skype?  Mother sends before the skype notification pops up. Okay, mother don't wait for me to respond just call me anyway. I click the answer button and my mothers face popped up on the screen of my phone.

"You look just as I remember" mother jokes.

"Mother" I laugh "it's been less than I week since I left"

"I know I'm just used to seeing you every day" mother complains

"We talked about this. I should only be here a few weeks at most to oversee the renovations" I tell my mother.

"How's that going? Have you found any contractors yet?" she asked.

"Ughhh no" I sigh "all the contractors are from surrounding towns over thirty minutes away. I was hoping to find companies in town so it will be cheaper."

"You can at least start on the smaller renovations, right? at least until you find someone" mother suggests.

"I guess, but you know me I'm not the handiest" I laugh.

"I believe in you," Mother says laughing. I smile in response. "So, you meet any people yet of this strange town?"

"A few, the neighbors, the waitress at a small diner, and this guy," I tell mother getting bored.

"A guy?" she questions.

"Its nothing mother. I got lost and he helped me find my way back to fathers house" I say rolling my eyes.

"He sounds nice. Was he cute?" she asks while wiggling her eyebrows. I blushed

"Mother! I barely even know the guy. I almost didn't even get his name." I say trying to keep my composure.

"What's his name?" Mother asks. She's been trying to find me a boyfriend or potential husband since I turned twenty But I enjoy the single life I'm not really interested in a relationship right now.

"Lucius Wilcox" I respond.

"Wilcox? If I remember correctly the Wilcox family founded Whitemoor or so your father had said" Mother informed me.

"hmm" I hum "well I really should go. I need to go pick up some hardware tools if I'm gonna start these renovations" I tell my mother.

"Okay darling, I love you! stay safe" she smiles.

"I love you too!" I say before ending the call. I sigh setting my phone down. I miss Seattle.  Hopefully, this house won't take too long to sell. I stand up and stretch but a strange feeling overcomes me. I feel a chill run down my spine. It feels like someone is watching me I look around but of course, there isn't anyone inside, I locked the doors last night no one could have gotten in.  Then I look out the window. I jump seeing a figure standing in the woods. I walk to the window to get a closer look. It seems like a person. My fear grows inside me, someone is watching me. I back away and go up the stairs. My bedroom window faces the woods so I go to it to see if I have a better view from up here. The shadow figure is gone when I look out the window. Suddenly I hear a knock at the front door. I creep back down the stairs and make my way to the door. I look through the peephole to see Luke standing there. Why is he here? I wonder. I open the door.

"Luke! What are you doing here," My breath catches as I look at the attractive man in front of me.

"Sorry to show up unannounced but I wanted to make sure you had an invitation to the Moonlight Ball Friday. The whole town goes but you must have an invitation to get in"

"Um yeah, my neighbors the martins invited me the first night here," I tell Luke.

"Oh the Martins," he said looking aggravated "Okay well I hope to see you there. Well, I leave you alone now. Have a good day Esme" He says turning to leave. I watch him walk away his broad shoulds filling out his shirt.

"Bye have a good day," I say starting to closing the door.

"Oh! I almost forgot heres my info if you need help with anything" he says coming back up the steps handing me a card. I take the card from his hand. Our fingers touch and his hands are cold but I feel a prickle over my skin. That's weird. I take the card and thank him. He goes back down the steps and I shut the door. That was weird I think to myself. I walk to the living room and sit down on the couch. I look down at the card in my hands it had Lukes info on it. I laugh at myself what else would it have on it. I sigh I guess I have to go to this Ball now, this was the second invitation I got. I don't even have anything to wear and the Balls in two days. 

"Ugghh now I have to go dress shopping," I say to myself. I play with the necklace around my neck. Luke will be there and probably in a tux. A blush creeps back to my cheeks and the same sensation spreads through my body from when our hands touched. I shouldn't get my hopes up he's probably just being nice. I sigh standing up going upstairs to get changed. Shit. I was in my pajamas the whole time. this time it isn't fear that spreads through me but embarrassment. Luke was dressed in attractive clothes and I was in pajamas. I quickly change and go back downstairs to grab my things to go to the store to get basic renovation tools. I walk outside and again feel as though someone was watching me. I shrug off the feeling and walk to the store. Maybe I can pick up a dress while I'm out.