Lonesome Thoughts

Ouma's p.o.v.
"It's kinda sad, I guess I could have stayed a bit longer." I was dashing across the maze of rooftops to the other side of the city. "He wasn't bad company. I wonder if our paths will cross again in time." I thought aloud. I seemed to do that a lot. Probably because I was lonely all the time. Yeah that sounds about right.

I finally reached my destination. An old and abandoned mansion that overlooked the town and cast a long dark shadow down the block. It's previous owners had died, but made it quite clear that they refused to have it sold. Not even after they passed. Not to anyone. In other words, the perfect headquarters, if you can even call it that. Whatever, it was my . . . home.

I never knew my parents and I grew up hating orphanages and constantly running away from foster families. I couldn't trust any of them. I wonder if Shuichi would think differently of me if he ever found out.

" Wai- why do I care what he thinks? I don't." Should I? Do I?

I didn't really own the house, so I had to enter through an open window on the second floor as I had no key to the front door and don't really feel like picking the lock every time I returned. After I did I leaned up against it on the floor placing my head in my hands and looked into the night sky.

It was so peaceful. Sometimes I liked to pretend that the night, with the moon and it's stars illuminating the houses below, was made just for me to admire. If there were someone who would really do that for another person . . . wouldn't that . . . be lovely. If only someone cared. Oh well, maybe someday someone will. And as those last thoughts floated through my mind exhaustion took over. And I happily allowed it.
Word count:319