Chapter 3

Heidis POV~

I walked outside and waited by the door for him to come. I was becoming scared that he wasn't going to show up until I saw Pony run out with a huge smile on his face. " Heidi!" He yelled. He ran to me and wrapped me in a huge hug that I was not prepared for at all. " Hey Pony." I said. There really wasn't much I could say, I could barely breathe he was squeezing so tight. " Alight, I was thinking about taking you to Dairy Queen. Everyone hangs out there.", "ok" I responded. I was really nervous. We started on our walk. We talked about Georgia, books, and school. He talked about his "Gang" and their rival. He told me that he thought I would be a Soc. "Why would I be a soc? I'm not like that.", "You were just pretty, and your skirt was the right length." I was confused but didn't say anything. My skirt had to do with me being a Soc? We didn't talk much until we got to Dairy Queen. We walked in and he was right everybody was here. We took a seat in a booth, the waitress came and took our order. I wasn't really hungry so I just got a coke. Pony got a barbecue sandwich since he missed lunch. Once the waitress left two people walked over. One was a guy, he looked tough and mean. He had blonde hair and icy blue eyes. The other was a girl, she looked sweet . She had long blonde hair, and blue eyes. They came and sat down next to us. " Aye Pony man, picked ya self up a nice little broad?"
The girl sat next me, she had her arm around me. " Dal don't call her a broad." She snapped at him. Pony looked heated. " what do you need Dallas?" He asked. " nothin' man, just having a little fun is all." He said the last part looking at me. The girl took her arm from around me and started talking. " so where ya from doll?"
" I'm from Georgia, I just moved here."
" oh that's real cool, wanna weed?" I had never smoked and never planned on smoking." No thanks, I'm ok." I said. " Ok, so what's ya name?" She asked blowing smoke in my face. "Heidi" I said coughing from the smoke. "Oops sorry doll, my name is Chirstal. This one over here is Dallas Winston." She said pointing to the blonde boy. "Alright Dallas we better head out." Pony said. He sounded agitated. Chirstal and Dallas got up and Pony walked over and grabbed my hand, and lead me out. "Well you met some of the gang." That was what their gang was like? Dallas acted like a hoodlum and Chirstal was nice and all but she seemed just as into their mentality as Dallas. "Do they date?" I asked. "Yea, she's my sister too." I was shocked to hear she was related to him. "Oh that's cool. Do you have any other siblings?", "Yes I have two brothers. We can go and meet one of them if you want to.", "Ok" I said. We walked all the way to a DX station. There were two guys there. They were both good looking. " Hey Pony! Whatcha doin' here?", "I have someone I want y'all to meet. This is Heidi, she just moved here from Georgia." The really good looking one looked over at me. "Well hi Heidi, it's nice to meet you. I'm soda and this is my buddy Steve." They both shook my hand. We talked for a while, and then he walked me Home. "Well this is it." I said. "Yea." He responded. He looked at me with at smile on his face. I smiled back at him. He leaned in for a kiss but I managed to Turn it into a hug. He came back out of the hug and looked kinda sad that I didn't want to kiss him. " Goodnight Heidi." He said. "Goodnight Pony." I walked in my house and got ready for bed.

The next week or so went by fast, Pony and I became best friends. We did everything together. I met the whole gang, Two-bit, Steve, Soda, Johnny, Chirstal, Dallas and Darry. I thought we all got along well. One day Though,was different. " Hey Heidi" Pony said running to catch up with me. "Hey Pony.", " what are you doing tonight?" He asked. "Oh nothing really, Why?", "Well I kinda planned a surprise for you." " Oh that's so sweet Pony! So do I need to meet you?" "No I'll come and pick you up at 8,dress nice ok?" "Ok." I was excited he had never done something like this before. I got on my bus and rode home. When I got there I did all my chores and some. I called my mom And told her that I would be going out with Pony tonight. She trusts him so she didn't give me a curfew. I ran up stairs and jumped in the shower. I wonder why I had to dress nice? I took a nice, long shower. I looked at the time. It was already 5:30. I quickly got to work on my hair. I blow dried it and pulled some to the side and pinned it with a clip. I put some makeup on and then started working on an outfit. I picked out a green dress with a mock neck, and short long sleeves. I wore my white little heels. I sprayed some of my moms perfume on and grabbed my bag. By the time I was ready it was 7:50. I walked down stairs and there he was at my door. He had flowers in his hands. He started to knock and I walked over and opened the door. "Oh wow, you look beautiful Heidi.", he said turning pink. "Thanks Pony, you don't look to bad yourself." I said with a big smile on my face. He smiled and handed me the flowers. "These are for you. Johnny picked them out." It was a bouquet of colorful flowers. "They're very pretty, thank you." After I said that I leaned in and hugged him. He walked me to the car and opened the door. I looked at him and he smiled, and I smiled back. I sat down and he ran around and got in the car. He started driving. "Where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise." He said smiling. It wasn't long before we stopped. "Wow this place is gorgeous!" I said. We were in a field. Over looking some country. "I packed a picnic." He said. I looked over at him. This was going to be amazing.

Ponyboy's POV~

She looked at me, I could tell she liked the surprise. We both got out and she grabbed the blanket we would sit on and I grabbed the basket. We walked over to a big tree, she laid down the blanket and I sat down the basket. "This is amazing Pony." She looked so happy, you couldn't help but smile. She got up and took her shoes off. She walked over to me and took my hand. I got up and we started walking. We didn't say much until we were at the peak of where you could see everything. It was all dark and the moon made everything glow . She turned to me, and hugged me. "Thank you Pony." She said. "For what?" I asked. "For everything. You were nice to me at the beginning of the year, and for this amazing night." I pulled my head up and looked at her. She looked at me still smiling. I started leaning in. She didn't stop me. Our lips touched, her lips were soft and tasted like vanilla. I pulled away. "I like you, Heidi." She looked up at me, "I think I like you too."