Chapter one

Heidi's POV~

I woke up to the sound of my mothers radio booming downstairs. She was listening to the foreign radio, with Hispanic , French, and Arab music. She loves that kind of music, she says that it opens your mind. After lying in bed for a minute I got up, I was kind of nervous because it was the first day of school in a new town. My Mom wanted a change, so moving to little Tulsa Oklahoma was her "big change". I went to the bathroom to wash the sleep off of my face, after that I went to put on my outfit that I had picked out almost a week ahead of time. It was my yellow skirt, with flowers sewed into the top, with my white peter Collar. Of course I wore my converse. My hair is naturally curly, so I don't have to do much to it. I put it up in a pony tail anyhow and wrapped my yellow ribbon around it. I put on a little bit of maskera ( my mom says that too much makeup make me look like a tease ), and chapstick. I ran down stairs grabbed breakfast and ran for the bus. When I got on everyone was looking at me. This one brown haired boy kept starring at me, I wonder if something was on my face?

Ponyboy's POV~

When I woke up the first thing I thought was " I hate school ". I didn't hate the learning and actual school part, I hated the waking up before the sun was out part. It never takes me long to get ready. I got up washed my face, brushed my teeth, and slapped on my cloths. I don't really go all out with cloths, I wore a white T-shirt, jeans, and converse. I slicked my hair, I saw some of sodas cologne but thought that I wouldn't need it. I grabbed my toast and was out the door. I walked to the bus stop and sat with Johnny. No one new ever comes here so we always have the same bus route. Everyone was loud and happy until the bus driver turned left when he usually goes straight, the whole bus got quiet to see what new person was coming. We came to stop, the girl walked out the door. I couldn't see her, Johnny told me that she was beautiful though. I saw the top of her head walk in front of the bus, I couldn't wait to see her. She walked on. She looked nervous, and I could only imagine how she felt being new and now everyone looking at her. She had Brown Curly hair, it was medium in length. She was kinda tan. You could she wasn't from here. She probably would be a soc, she was wearing nice cloths. She looked at me and we locked eyes for a second. She turned red and sat down. I have to know this girls name.

Heidi's POV~

The bus ride to school was uneventful. When we got there all eyes were on me. I walked in through the double doors pass the band room, and went into the gym. I sat down in the 9th grade area. Everyone was still looking at me. A girl with thick brown hair and brown eyes walks up to me, " Hi! My name is grace, you must be new here! I know almost everyone here. We are so so so so, glad to have you here with us!". She was really nice. " um, yes I am new. I just moved here from Georgia. I'm Heidi." I wasn't big on talking, I'm kinda shy. " well that's really cool. This might be really elementary, but do you wanna be friends. I find it most effective to just straight up ask someone." Grace said. " I would love to be your friend, grace." I was happy to at least know one person. We got our schedules out and compared, they were the same! What are the odds? " Hey grace, who is that?" I asked her as that brown haired boy walked in. "Oh, that's Ponyboy. He's Tuff, and a greaser." " A what? " I asked. " a greaser, ya know. He's part of that gang. They are always in trouble. He's probably the most well behaved one in that group." I was shocked to hear of gangs. When I think of gangs I think of the Mafia. " So when you say gang, do you mean guns and killing and stuff?", " Oh no, I mean fighting but no killing. They aren't really a " gang" just some kids born on the wrong side of the track is all. ". "Oh" I said in response, I was staring at Pony. He had really pretty brown eyes. He looked at me and I looked away quickly. " Oh no" grace whispered. " oh no what" I asked, "pony boy is coming over here." I turned bright red, and was starring at my feet. I was too scared to look up, I saw his feet close to mine he was right next me. " Hi".

Ponyboy's POV~

I walked up to her after I noticed her looking at me. " Hi" I said. She was looking at her feet, she looked up at me. She was really red. " Hi" she said lowly. " I'm Ponyboy, I noticed your new here. What's your name?", by then she was almost as red as a tomato. " I'm Heidi, I just moved here from Georgia. " when I think of Georgia I think of Gone With The Wind. Could she be my Scarlett O'Hara? She sure did look like a southern lady. With those brown curls, and that decent length skirt. "Oh that's Tuff, I've always wanted to go there." She looked at me weird. " why would any one want to go to Georgia? Everyone there wants to get out." I was a bit shaken up, so I sat down. She was quiet from the get go, so I didn't expect her to question me like that. " Well I'm a big fan of Gone With The Wind, and I think southern hospitality is great. I've always wanted to go and experience that. Everyone here acts like heathens." She looked up at me, I saw something different in her eyes. A look of surprise, wonder, and maybe even Love?