Inner self Part 1: First waken

Inner self

Brandon Okamara and Gavin Oshima were sixteen and eighteen, they seemed like opposites socially but had the same humor. Brandon seemed to always be surrounded by friends while Gavin barely had any, but they remained friends. It was the last day of their junior year, Brandon wanted to skip but his friend convinced him to go.

"Can't believe you're making me go on the last day, what is the point, we're not getting taught and all grades are already in" Gavin rolled his eyes,

"don't be A baby, it's not hard to survive one last day of school" They got off the bus walking to breakfast, Brandon joined his friends while Gavin sat in his first period waiting for the class to start. Just before any other students walked in, the teen noticed A strange book laying on A desk just A few feet away from him. He picked it up and the book was called : "Evocatis Alias Sui" He looked it up...

"Summon outra self" it said on his search results.

"Strange, but at the same time fascinating" The teen put the book in his bag and waited until he got home to go over the book.

He read through its table of contents :

CHAPTER 1...Focusing

CHAPTER 2...Abilities

CHAPTER 3...Summoning

CHAPTER 4...Using without focus

CHAPTER 5...Strengthen your Outra

CHAPTER 6...Outra while unconscious

He spent hours reading through chapter one,

"seems this book is talking about people's inner self, that they are capable of being summoned to the physical world with abilities specific to the personality of the user. Gavin read through the focusing and summoning section... Hmm, so if I call to it...and focus its power, it will come to this world where I can see it, also use their abilities" While Brandon was texting his friends, Gavin was almost finished with the book. It's been A month since summer began. He put A bookmark on the last page before closing it. The teen stood still, he focused as hard as he could but nothing happened.

"Why isn't it working!?" The boy complained, "it said I had to focus my inner self...one last try" Gavin decided to focus calmly instead of putting too much effort into it. Just then an aura of many colors appeared around the boy's body, A smile grew on his face as he noticed his progress. But out of nowhere Gavin fell to his knees out of breath.

"Forgot, in chapter one the book said that new users can be easily drained by their Outra" The weakened boy also saw that his aura had disappeared as well. Taking A break, Gavin went downstairs to see Brandon eating nachos watching A movie.

"What's with you?" the friend asked.

"N-nothing, I just fell out of bed" Gavin responded. His friend stared at him for A second then went back to his movie.

"Do you want something?" He asked just before getting up off the couch.

"Sure, I'll take A bottle of water" Gavin nodded as he walked into the kitchen towards the fridge, for A moment he could feel A warm breeze go by him, but thought it was nothing. The boy handed his friend the water when he saw something in the mirror. For A split second the teen thought he saw A tall figure in armor.