Part 5: Unified elements

Inner-Self 5

Aiden, Collen and Sumiko made their way to Ekodo, Japan, a small section off the coast of Japan. After a few hours on a plane, they reached the coast and had to take a boat over to the small island they arrived seeing it mostly overgrown with plants and weeds.

"Hmph, looks like they don't have a gardener or maintenance unit cleaning this place up" Sumiko commented. As they made their way deeper into the island, Cassadora suddenly located life several meters away. Sumiko sent his outra ahead while focusing his right eye to see through his other's eyes. "Hmm, my outra is picking up life nearby, keep on guard"

"Maybe I should just use my other to take out the forest so we can locate our target sooner" Collen suggested. However, Aiden told him if they were to act without thinking, they could be ambushed easily. The outra user gave him an annoyed look as they continued through the growing forest away from the island shore. "I think I got something" Silencing his cyborg's guns, he fired a shot in the direction of the figure's location.

As their target came into view, it turned out to be an old man that had been stranded on the island by the look of his torn white shirt, blue pants and lack of shaving. "Damn, seems it was just an islander" At that moment, a black sand-like mist began to fill the forest, that's when they notice it was circling around the outside of the forest but avoiding the inside. An abrupt group of mist formed together to create what they could only assume was an outra.

"So, you're the fools that's given my lord so much trouble. Well no matter, I shall dispose of you vermin with the power of my inner-self: Black Sable!" Aiden manifested his outra beside him as it's blue king-like armor shinned from the sunlight peaking through the trees. "Shred her until she's nothing bust pieces!"

Titan unleashed a barrage of sharp diamonds right for the dark outra. Just before impact, Sable became a cloud of dark mist as the projectiles pierced a row of trees, causing one of them to break and hit the ground with a loud crash. (Damn, there has to be a way to get her to stay still) Toyoko had his cyborg lock on to the cloud preparing to fire-off several small missiles at once. "Now!" Cassadora fired six missiles at once locked-on to the dark target. The outra split into several smaller pieces beginning to spread out in all directions.

Each missile followed the pieces of mist while Toyoko proceeded north in hopes of finding the user or the base where this "lord" was located. Aiden and Collen carefully followed behind him with their others still next to them. "Collen, have dark key scout ahead above the trees in case there's any obstacles up ahead" With a nod the man sent his other up into the air just a foot or so above the trees so his creature wouldn't be so easy to spot.

"Hmm, I don't see anything yet, but I'm sure there's something waiting for us...unless that black sand-storm is creating an illusion"

"Well since they already know where're here, you might as well go with the plan you had when we first got here" Meanwhile Cassadora's missiles caught up with the clouds fleeing from the coming danger. Finally two of the projectiles managed to blow up some of the pieces of the separated outra.

"Good! Seems the missiles hit her. But still have the four still chasing after her" At that moment, dark key descended back down into the forest, aiming it's violet hand past Sumiko, toward the direction they were headed. All watched at the being sent a fierce wave of force outward, causing most of the forest to be wiped out until only dirt, grass and some broken trees were left laying on the ground.

"Whoa, I didn't realize how strong his outra was" Aiden commented in surprise. With no more trees to block their path, Black Sable could be seen putting itself back together. "Hmm and here I thought the several missiles would've blown the outa to pieces by now" Toyoko sighed as the assailant abruptly grew into a 20 feet tall version of itself.