3. I should have believed in God

Will ran up the stairs, "What's so important that you woke me up, dude?"

Billy, Jaydn, and Phoebe were all standing in the living room staring at the air in front of them. "Uhm, are you guys good?"

"Dude, check this shit out!" Billy saw Will and immediately cried out. 

Will looked at Billy and the others weirdly, "What? You're literally staring at the air. Stop being weird yall." He walked to the kitchen 'calmly' to get some cereal. He was trying to think of what to say to them when Jessie came up. 

"Nah dude, this shit is crazy. Say, Immortal!" 

Will turned around and looked weirdly at Billy, "What do you mean say Immortal?"

The cereal in his hands dropped as he finished his question. A bunch of words appeared floating in front of his eyes. "Wtf!" He yelled. 

[Immortal Path: Will Hart]

[Status: Fragile Mortal]

[Strength: 8.0]

[Agility: 7.0]

[Vitality: 8.0]

[Heart: 6.0]

[Cultivation: None]

[Martial Arts: None]

[Inventory: Starter Gift]

Will waved his hands through the air and felt nothing. "Am I going crazy?"

"Nah dude, We all see it."

Will looked at the others and immediately understood why they were all staring at blank air. They were staring at the invisible but real words in front of them.

"What is this?"

Billy shrugged. "We don't know, we were talking and trying to remember last night and we remember a voice saying something about becoming an Immortal and then this thing popped up."

Will quickly said, "You head a voice last night too! Did it say 'Let it be known, The first Immortal born from this World shall be my 10th and final Disciple!'"

Billy and the others looked at Will shocked, "Yeah!" They said in unison. 

"What's going on?" Jessie walked up the stairs at this point. Everyone looked at her at the same time. 

"Jessie, say Immortal!" Reacting fast as lightning, Will spoke.

"Huh, Immortal?" Jessie looked confused before her eyes widened and she immediately took a few steps back. 

"Did you hear a voice in your head last night saying something about becoming an Immortal?" Will stroke again, sending signals to her with his eyes. 

Jessie was stunned and could only nod. Will quickly looked at Billy and the others and saw that they were distracted by this news.

"Did you guys find out anything about these words?" He asked.   

"Wait, what's going on?" Jessie asked, still confused. 

"When you think or say the word Immortal, this screen pops up in front of you," Phoebe looked weirdly at Jessie and Will. 

"Kinda like AR, Augmented Reality," Billy felt the need to input. Will and Jessie moved to the couch where the others were. Jaydn who'd been quiet the whole time spoke, "If you focus on one different thing on the screen, it gives you kind of a description. Like Status is your overall rank, it goes all the way up to Immortal. Strength is your raw power, Agility is your speed, Vitality is your life force, Heart is your mental state, these can be affected by your physical and mental conditions. Cultivation is your technique, I don't know what that means yet. Martial Arts is your abilities, and Inventory is your storage basically."