Level 08:\Franzen

Level 08:\Franzen Gao\Startup -Friendship Breached-

Franzen heard a thick voice of a Polish man in his head, tried to speak in a stuttering English language. I entrusted that app to you, Franzetta. Make it work.

As he walked to the front row, he took off his hood and revealed his short messy hair.

He looked up at the flat screens mounted above the gaming booth. He whispered to himself, “Gumana ka sana mamaya, Bellator. Malalagot tayo kay Horganner nito!”

He saw Ren's team blasted Derek's teammates. One by one, most of their kills were head shots.

Ang tanga-tanga naman ng mga kakampi niya! He rubbed his sweaty forehead sideways, then he noticed the scores of both teams. So far, Tejeros Triggers had 16 points. Valenzuela Valiants only had 5 points.

He brought out his cellphone, then he called Derek, “Si Franzen ito.”

Derek raised his voice, “Ba't ka napatawag?”

Franzen heard his rapid keyboard presses and his light movement of the gaming mouse at the desk. He's that desperate to win 500,000 pesos, and he wanted a share from his winnings (balato) too.

“Mukhang carry ka na ng team mo, kaya—“ Franzen peeked at the people around him. Five teenage audiences stared around him, as his loud voice ruined their experience. The best thing was: only two of them owned «Illumina de Bellator» app. His hands sweated a lot, and shook like he used a jackhammer.

“Gamitin mo na 'yan!” With a bluetooth earpiece at Franzen's ear, he shouted at Derek on the phone. Few female spectators whispered over his loud voice, as if he hinted against their presence.

He ignored other spectators around him, then he looked around again. He noticed Estelle moved to the front row. She looked at the screens, with her folded hands on top of her chest, praying to The Father.

He opened the Bellator app, while Derek remained on the other line. His cellphone screen displayed a black and green-colored radar screen. The app asked him which character should be linked into the system. Alas, he picked DerekHit (Derek's in-game name).

"Ikaw may 2 kutong-lupa sa'yo!" He saw two red dots appeared within Derek's range, “Hindi pa sila alis sa tower.”

He laughed at Ren’s and Chesa's in-game death. Their bodies flew away from the tower, thanks to Derek’s grenade. The score of the Valenzuela Valiants reached 7 points.

Estelle gazed at him, “Ano ba tinatawa-tawa mo d'yan?”

“Wala yun.” Franzen raised his eyebrows, “Paki mo?”

“Nang-iistorbo ka eh!” She narrowed her eyes at him, “Kanina ka pa may kausap sa telepono mo eh!”

Estelle placed her hands on her hips, “At ako ba ang 'yong tinutukoy na kutong-lupa!”

Franzen's eyes blinked fast. That little girl in front of him may bring the black cat out of the bag anytime. “Masyado ka feeling!”

Estelle asked him whom he was talking to. He slipped his cellphone back to his pocket, “Yung kaibigan ko ang kausap ko dun!”

“Ano yung tower-tower na pinagsasabi mo sa kanya kanina?” Estelle said.

“Sa DotA yun!” Franzen yelled at Estelle's face.

The crowd around them cheered at the screens, as it showed Arnold nailed Hagibis in one farthest shot. A second later, Derek gunned down Arnold's legs. The Triggers led the game with 17 points, and the Valiants had 8 points.

He looked at his radar app again. He noticed Derek sneaked himself around their rival's starting location: the large hangar.

Four blips surrounded him. Ayan, ratrat mo sila, now na!

Franzen looked back at the screens, then he saw Derek gunned down Ren's snipers. Ngayon Horganner, matuwa ka na!

He grinned as he watched Arnold spray bullets at Derek. Too bad, he gave Arnold a nut shot. He hopped sideways, then he threw two grenades behind the crates. He must be lucky this time, as the grenades threw Ren and Chesa off again. Valenzuela Valiant's kill count: 13.

GG (good game) lang, Derek! Magkakabalato na rin ako! Franzen tapped a small circle with a bald man's face over the radar app. He heard a short tinging sound, then opened the chatting app.

He read Horganner's latest message: I'm watching your tourney right now. Be careful on where the hell you use our Bellator, okay?

"Ano yan? May mamaw na!" a young boy, with a high-pitched voice, yelled beside Franzen.

"Mukhang may mandurugas ha!" one of the bearded adult viewers screamed.

The scrawny teenager looked at the adult gamer, “Brad, baka tsamba lang yan!”

"Hindi naman ganiyang maglaro si DerekHit." the other Call'field player said to his fellow gamers, “Parang naiba yata siya ngayon?”

Franzen looked at them as if he sent an instant message to their heads, May pinagdadaanan eh, gets niyo? He turned back, then he heard a sound of a camera snapshot.