25. soft rap

when taehyung sat up again an hour later, they were somewhere completely different. black asphalt flicked by on a freeway that was busy with traffic as tall buildings appeared in the distance. jungkook had turned the volume of the radio onto soft rap music, which was exactly the type of music taehyung guessed he would listen to.

boredom had taken over taehyung as he sat with his long legs folded up onto the seat. it still hasn't processed that they were in a stolen car. hunger pains started in his tummy as he didn't eat enough of his fries and he really wished that he had grabbed his milkshake when they left the restaurant.

and they were still on the run.

this time jungkook didn't seem that angry about it, more like irritated. he was chewing his finger nails and when traffic got heavy he would swear and look out the window with narrowed eyes.

taehyung watched his emotions closely. he noticed that when jungkook was angry, it didn't bellow out with tears and yelling like his anger did. it just coursed through him like it was something natural, tensing his back and furrowing his eyebrows, leaving lines in his forehead.

that was another thing that taehyung decided he thought was incredibly attractive (which he agreed he could think jungkook was attractive but never show it.) the moments when jungkook was calm, his features would smooth out and his smile would go all lazy and smirky, instead of harsh. his hair even seemed more relaxed. those moments felt nice. he was dark and mysterious, like any hot antagonist in any movie ever.

taehyung sleepily yawned.

"what are you yawning at?"

jungkook's words startled taehyung because one: he was thinking about him so much and two: he had been silent for three hours.

taehyung looked over at jungkook with wide eyes. "i didn't mean to."

jungkook tensed his lips and didn't say anything back.

taehyung let his eyes trail to his own window, regretting his response because he was pretty sure he just messed up and now jungkook wasn't going to say anything for another three hours.

"i'm invited to a party tonight," jungkook said in between stopping at stop lights. "i guess you're coming with me because i'm not letting you stay in the car."

taehyung puffed out his cheeks. he was getting used to being taken by surprise. "okay," he said calmly, trying not to act upset.

"why are you upset?"

ughHHHHHH, taehyung internally groaned. of course he can read me better than i can ever read him.

taehyung took a few deep breaths. the last thing he wanted to do right now was go to some party with all of jungkook's mafia bros. and even worse, they'd all probably know that he was kim taehyung, a missing person, and none of them would help him. it probably wouldn't be the first time jungkook brought his hostage as his plus-one.

taehyung finally decided what his deal breaker would be.

"will there be food?"

"it's a dinner party," jungkook stated. "so yes."

"then i'll come with you," taehyung reluctantly whispered, resting his head into his knees.