1. daisies

if it's not the end,

then it's not time to go.

jeon jungkook sat staring at the mountains and paisley sky flipping by him on the train cart, his cheek rested in his palm, lips parted in concentration.

he looked so soft, sitting there in his navy blue windbreaker with his raven coloured bangs perfectly framing his forehead and boxy stern eyebrows, it was pretty hard to tell that he just murdered someone and fled the scene and was about to go undercover for the rest of his life.

but that didn't matter at the moment, what did matter was the cute little clouds dotting the sky and the telephone wires in the countryside. he's never been, but he knew he wouldn't mind staying for a bit.

occasionally a small memory would come back of what he did; the wad of cash, the heat of the barrel of the gun, the cherry red blood on the floor, the clicking of his shoes as he walked away, the unbothered neighbours smiling and waving at him as he left that house planting daisies in their garden in their sun hats.

he furrowed his eyebrows and tried to calm his breathing. he could feel the guilt in his belly, which was weird. because he was a hitman, after all. he was used to it. he was used to killing people, taking the money, and not taking the blame. but this time was just so much different. he knew this time he'd have to leave everything; which wasn't much, considering he switched identities weekly and was always moving.

he wanted to give it up forever. one part of him wished he could have a normal life and plant daisies like those old people in their garden someday and forget about everything but the rational part of him knew he was a cold-blooded killer and he'd probably die young and would deserve it.

he'd always have to be stern jungkook, in dark suits and shiny shoes, killing people for money that he never deserved, speeding down dark highways at 1 am, abandoning everything he loved, and never being able to tell anyone how he really felt.