63 | Wake Up Call

"Savanna?", I heard a faint voice as I tried to open my eye's instantly wincing at the pain. "Take it slow, don't rush".

"Oh my god she's waking up!", I heard another say excitedly.

Then I heard a long sigh. "Damn Chelsea get out her face, give her some room to breathe".

"Shut up", was the last thing I heard before I managed to fully open my eyes. Once again I had woken to see myself in a hospital bed surrounded by others.

"Not again", she mumbled rubbing her eyes seeing people frown at her. "What happened this time?".

"We don't even know yet, we are waiting for the doctors to tell us", Bruna said. "We were at the party when we got the call you had been taken here".

"Why were your clothes all wet?", Alex said, shit. I looked away sheepishly, do I tell them a lie which was that I maybe just fell into a nearby pond or do I tell them the truth that I dragged Kylian back to his house, got us both in his pool then cheated on Miguel; not to forget the fact I was on alcohol and drugs. Nice one, Sav.

Speak of the devil. I watched as Miguel burst through the hospital room door, an angry look on his face. "And what the fuck happened to you?".

I frowned cowering down as my heart began to race as I stayed silent. "Huh? Come on Sav, where was you?".

"Back away bro", Alex said pushing him away a little. "Calm down, what are you shouting for?".

"What do you mean what am I shouting for?! Anything could have happened to her!", he said with gritted teeth. In the moment I felt beyond embarrassed, I felt like a child getting told off by their teacher.

"But it didn't", I mumbled messing with my fingers. "I'm fine".

Giving me a stern look which sent shivers down my spine I looked away. "I'm going to give you one last fucking chance. Where was you and who was you with?.

"Don't speak to her like a piece of shit please, Miguel", Bruna said standing up.

"I'm not speaking to her like a piece of shit!", his voice began to raise. "Anyway do you not think I have a right to be angry when people are telling me they saw her sneak off with some other guy".

"What guy?", Chelsea said. My cheeks turned red as I looked down. Shit. Lifting my chin up with her finger when Miguel didn't answer, she raised her eyebrow at me. "What guy?".

"Kylian Mbappé", I heard Miguel say feeling myself tense up. Hearing his name felt like someone pinched my skin, I couldn't hear it without cringing to myself.

"Kylian Mbappé?", Bruna frowned standing up as her and Chelsea looked between themselves, whispering harshly. Oh dear. Now would be a great time for a giant hole and swallow me up, but this was my reality and I knew I couldn't run from it. I wasn't even sure if Chelsea and Bruna knew who he was, I mean I definitely did not since I don't watch football and neither do they. "Kylian Mbappé?!", she repeated with a lot more power this time.

Taking a breathe, I sucked it up. It was now or never. "I kissed him".

I felt the atmosphere drop. The silence taking over as I tried not to make eye contact with anyone in the room. Although it felt good to get that off my chest, I felt like absolute scum as I glanced at Miguel, a angry but hurt expression on his face.

"You what?", Alex finally said.

Sighing again, I rubbed my hands down my face. "Yes I was with him last night. We left to go to his house and we went into his pool and...I kissed him. It was my fault, I was drunk and I think high, but I came onto him, it's all my fault. I'm so sorry Miguel, I-", I stopped myself talking when he raised a hand to my face, his head down before he walked out the room, slamming the door behind him as I felt tears brim in my eyes. Maybe I should have took Kylian's advice to keep quiet but...I'm not a liar, or a cheat by nature.