Your daughter is sick

Y/n came in your shared bedroom holding your 3 year old daughter in her arms cradling her side to side as she softly cried in her moms arms.

" hey what happened " Ethan said groggily after just waking up.

" she's got a really high fever and she said her tummy hurts " y/n replied.

" awh baby, pass her to me " he said reaching his arms out.

Your daughter Riley snuggled into the warmth of Ethan's hoodie. Ethan rubbed her back and wrapped his big arms around her tiny little body holding her close.

" are you not feeling good baby, hmm " he cooed looking Riley in her eyes cupping her soft cheek.

" no I really don't feel good dadda " she said as another tear fell down her cheek again.

" awh bub, shh shh no tears mm "
" mommy's getting you medicine to make you better and you'll be back to your happy self very soon baby I promise "

" Okay dadda " she half smiled showing her defined dimples and Ethan melted in awe.

" Baby your so cute, and beautiful you know that right " Ethan whispered.

She smiled " I love you daddy "

Ethan held her close to his chest and put the covers over both of their bodies, " I love you more darling "

" daddy, my belly hurts " she softly whined.

He cradled her again, " awh my poor baby, would you like me to rub it to make it better "

" yes please "

He lifted the soft material of her fluffy pyjamas and started drawing little patterns on her tummy making Riley close her eyes.

" here baby, drink some water " Ethan handed her a bottle of water.

Ethan stroked her forehead gently making Riley slowly start to drift off, her teddy bear was held close to her chest and she put her thumb in her mouth. It seemed as if the medicine was kicking in so she was feeling a lot better. She continued taking cute but heavy breaths out her nose while Ethan started rubbing her belly making her eyes shut close and she fell asleep in her dads arms.

" I love you beautiful " Ethan smiled at his sleeping daughter.

" daddy's here, always. He'll always be here just remember I'm your safety and I will forever love your pretty little face " he laughed kissing the side of her cheek gently trying his hardest not to wake her up.

Then you walked into the room admiring your beautiful husband and daughter, for the most you were glad that Riley was feeling better for now and you were so proud of ethan for just being an amazing dad.

" hi baby " Ethan whispered to you.

" hey darling "
You started to run your fingers across his free arm and hold his large hand taking in all his beauty and also making him really relaxed.

Your hands went to his neck and softly scratched the back of his neck making him smile. He still was holding Riley in his arms still sleeping peacefully.

" I'm so proud of you honestly, you are such an amazing dad and I know I saw this everyday for the last 3 years but I- I honestly don't know how on earth I could cope without you here. Like your my baby really, your so unbelievable beautiful it puts me to shame honestly I will continue to love you and our daughter forever and always " you ranted to your husband.

He cupped your cheek and kissed your lips softly " don't you dare talk about your self like that you are the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life okay baby Thankyou so much my precious and there's no way Riley would be nearly as beautiful and smart as she is today if it weren't for you bubba I love you so much more baby have a good sleep you deserve every bit of it " he whispered.

And with that he turned the lights off and kissed her cheek and went to sleep.