Chapter 9: Shenanigans

Y/N's Dream

You find yourself in a cave.  There's no way to go behind you, so you just go forward. When you get to some type of room, you're suddenly surrounded by a bright light and you see three men standing around you.

The next thing you know is darkness.  The only light seems to be shining on a chair in front of you.  You walks towards it, but as soon as you touch it, you feel pain welling you within your body.

Reality

You wake up, breathily heavily and covered in sweat.  It's 4:30 am.  You're scheduled to train with Yomo in an hour.

Flashback

In the clubroom, you and Rias are talking about getting stronger.

Rias:  "You're definitely strong, but that fight with the Fallen Angels made one thing clear:  you can get stronger."

Y/N:  "Don't worry Rias, I already planned on it.  Mr. Yomo agreed to train me to fight in case I need to."

Rias:  "I appreciate that you've already thought about this. If you don't mind, I'd like to check in on your training every once in a while."

Y/N:  "I don't mind, but Mr. Yomo might."

Rias:  "Well, in any case, if anything happens, tell me about it."

Y/N:  "What would happen?" you ask, confused.

Rias:  "Just call it a hunch."

Back to Present

Y/N:  "Well, I'd better get going.  I've got school today too."

You get dressed and head out the door wearing your training clothes, your school clothes in a bag.  It's still mostly dark out, even darker since it's raining.  On your way, you see your teacher, Mr. Amon.

Y/N:  "Good morning Mr. Amon!"

Mr. Amon:  "Y/N?  What are you doing out so early?"

Y/N:  "The same as you are I think.  Training, right?"

You point to the gym clothes he's got on.

Mr. Amon:  "That's correct.  I like to keep myself in peak physical shape.  I'm glad to see that you like to take care of yourself as well, even in this weather."

Y/N:  "I've gotta run, but I'll see you in class!"

You jog away from him.  You look back and see him picking up a suitcase from the bushes.

Y/N:  "Huh.  That's weird."

You eventually make it to Anteiku and go to the basement.  Yomo's not there yet, so you try to train on your own.

Y/N:  "Alright, what's first?  Hmm... I know, I'll try controlling my kagune again."

Since the fight with Hyoudou, you've got finer control, but it still freaks out sometimes.  You set up some targets and try to pierce some.  Out of five dummies, you hit three straight on.

Y/N:  "Looks like I've gotten a bit better."

Yomo:  "I'll say."

You look over towards the stairs and see Yomo at the bottom.

Yomo:  "You're early.  Good.  We can get more done.  Now come at me with everything you got."

You get into a battle stance similar to his.  You charge at him, trying to break his guard.  You think you succeed with one blow, but he counters with a punch of his own.