Chapter 6: New Friends

You decide to call up Yomo. You knew he was awake at this time since you used to train with him around now and his shift was starting at 8.

Yomo (phone):  "Y/N?  It's 5:30 in the morning, what are you doing up?"

Y/N:  "Sorry to call you so early Mr. Yomo, but I want to ask a favor."

Timeskip, Abandoned House

The only isolated location you could think of was the house where you fought Viser yesterday.  After a few minutes, Yomo showed up.

Yomo:  "I understand the situation.  You called Itori?"

Y/N:  "Yeah, I asked her to look after her."

Yomo:  "Good.  Let's get started.  Bring out your kagune."

You do ask he asks and brings out the three tentacles from your back.

Yomo:  "I see.  You're a rinkaku type."

Y/N:  "A... what?"

Yomo:  "For starters, there are four variations of kagune: ukaku, koukaku, ringaku, and bikaku.  An ukaku ghoul, like myself, uses speed to overwhelm their opponents from either short or long range, their weakness being their low stamina.  The kagune manifests from the shoulder."

Y/N:  "Alright, I understand so far

Y/N:  "Alright, I understand so far..."

Yomo:  "Good.  A koukaku ghoul's kagune is released just below the shoulder blade and usually takes the form of some type of blade or shield due to its sturdiness.  Their strength is also their weakness.  The concentration of the kagune makes it study, but slow and difficult to use."

Y/N:  "So each kagune has its own strengths and weaknesses?"

Yomo:  "Yes and no.  You'll see in a moment.  Now you're a rinkaku type.  As you can see, it's located around your lower spine.  Due to the nature of the cells that make up rinkakus, they bond together easily and can heal your body faster than other types.  However, this is your weakness.  They bind easier, but that means they can break easily too.  You're more suited for brute force attacks, but you aren't slow like the koukaku."