S2 Chapter 6: Dread

Since you know Freed's hunting priests, what better way than to put on a priest's clothing to lure him out? The church on the edge of town where you fought Issei and that investigator's a good place to meet.

Saji: "A Devil putting on a priest's clothes?"

Irina: "Not without kicking and screaming about it!"

Y/N: "I'm nothing if not fashionable." you say with a grin.

Kira: "Nothing will stand between me and my goal."

Xenovia: "I think we'll be more efficient in two groups. Let's split up."

Y/N: "What is this, Scooby-Doo?" you jokingly say, but nobody laughs. "Alright, that's the mood we're going for. We're take on the east then."

Xenovia: "Then Irina and I will conduct our search in the west part of town. If you see anything at all, call us."

Y/N: "Right."

Xenovia: "One more thing before you go. We appreciate being taken such good care of, so as thanks, you should know this. It's about our partner, Father Anderson. He's allies and rivals with Special Investigator Arima of the CCG, also known as the White Reaper. The Strongest Investigator. Be careful so that neither of them takes any interest in you."

Y/N: "The White Reaper, huh? Understood. I'll be careful. Thank you, Xenovia."

Xenovia: "I'm simply returning the favor." You can see a hint of a smile creeping on her face.

Y/N: "Let's head out. I think I know a good location for our team to go to first."

Saji: "Let's kick some ass!"

Your team heads out to the east as they go to the west. The best place of note on the east side of town would be...

Y/N: "We're here. We fought a Stray Devil named Viser here. It's secluded, there's been supernatural happenings here before, and Freed would just love to destroy any remaining Devil energy here."

Saji: "Woah, you guys fought a Stray Devil here?"

Y/N: "Yeah. She was a monster. She lost her mind and with it, probably her natural Devil form. Her lust for power caused her to leave her master and start eating people for food."

Koneko: "It was gross."

Saji: "You said it..."

Kira and Koneko start walking towards the house, but stop.

Koneko: "Kira, hold on."

Y/N: "This smell... up there!"

On top of the building is Freed, armed with an odd-looking sword. He jumps off the roof, laughing maniacally, and swings his blade down on Kira, who blocks with her Holy Eraser.

Y/N: "Everyone, be careful! That must be his Excalibur!"

Freed jumps back up to the roof with a sadistic smile on his face.

Freed: "I forgot to thank you earlier! Oh hi! If it isn't the little midget and friends!" Koneko glares at him. "Oh, I'm sorry! I meant 'little lady'."

Y/N: "Cut the crap, Freed. Surrender to us!"

Freed: "Oh goody, it's you. You know, I was looking forward to some good ol' priest hunting tonight, but... All I found was a bunch of Devils playing dress-up." he licks his Excalibur.

You, Saji, and Koneko take off the priest robes and get ready for battle. You deploy your kagune and take in some of Alucard's power.

Freed: "My my, four of you in one night? I'm overwhelmed by my own popularity!"