Chapter 22: They will Suffer Greatly

******

Kol entered the kitchen, covered in blood as he bit into an apple while walking past his sister.

Rebecca-(angry) You've drained two servants this morning and God knows how many others. I had to compel a poor girl you tried to feed on, to clean up your mess. What is the matter with you? You can't be this reckless.

Kol-Rebecca, Please don't test me.

Rebecca-When are you going to start having your thirst under control. You can't keep lying about these things.

Kol-You are one to talk. I am always the one left out, with your always and forever pact. Anytime I do something, I am the monster. 

Rebecca- What are you talking about? 

Kol grabs Rebecca's arm and pulls her aside.

Kol- You know don't you?

Rebecca- Know what?

Kol- You and Maria share everything. I know.

Rebecca's face dropped, looking into Kols eyes that were filled with anger and tears.

Kol- Exactly. You stopped me at the ball because you knew. How could you keep that from me?

Rebecca- Kol.. please

Kol-Go to hell.

He left through the front door and headed to the woods. Rebecca sighed as she sat back down in her chair.

Kol is unpredictable and irrational when he is angry. Rebecca has to tell Maria before Kol comforts her or Elijah.

None of them know.

****

Maria's POV:

Katerina was helping me get dressed and my mind kept wandering to last night. 

Last night, everything changed. It made me see everything differently. If I don't make a decision soon, it's going to make things harder. 

After Elijah and I's kiss, he confessed his love for me.

It was unexpected but I told him I wanted to see where things could go. I just need time.

He is so sweet, kind and I can tell by the way he looks at me that he loves me. I don't want to break their hearts, Klaus' or Kol's.  

I can't keep lying to them.

Maria-Katerina?

Katerina- Yes, Luna?

Maria sighs as she falls back onto her bed.

Maria- I need your advice. You've lived longer than I have, obviously. You have probably much experience with men. What should I do about my situation with the Mikaelson brothers?