Chapter 16: A Night In the Castle

*****

(Warning: Some intimate scenes)

Maria decided to invite Rebecca over to spend the night as they haven't had time to see each other recently.  While Charles decided to as well invite the Mikaelson brothers over to the castle.

Maria paid her dear sweet Thomas a visit before her guests arrived. Maria walked to the east wing from her bedroom to Thomas' room. Katherine was putting him into bed when she entered the room.

Katherine-(smiles, says quietly) Hello, Luna.

Maria-(grins) Katherine, thank you, my friend. May I have a moment with Thomas?

Katherine-(smiles) Of course, good night Thomas.

As she kissed him goodnight and hugging Maria before leaving. 

Maria-(petting his head)How is my little prince?

Thomas-(yawns) Tired, I miss you today. I played outside with my ball after my studies.

Maria-(smiles) That's good, how are your Spanish lessons?

Thomas-(grins) Muy Bien!

Maria-(laughs) Que Bueno, You will be fluent no time. Good job, little one. Now would you like me to read a story before I leave?

Thomas-(grins) yes!

Maria looked around for an old, navy storybook that her mother had read to her every night before bed. 

****

Thomas drifted to sleep as Maria finished reading, closing the book softly placing it on the nightstand and gently kissing Thomas' forehead.

Maria blew out the candle by his bedside and left, closing the door behind her.

She carried with her a candlestick, making her way back to her room. Rebecca waited for her in the adjoining room across until Maria came back. The Mikaelson brothers were in the west wing while the girls stayed in the east wing of the estate.

While Rebecca grew bored waiting, she sneaked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of wine to surprise Maria.

Maria knocked on the door of her bedroom and entered seeing Rebecca grinning holding glasses and wine.

Maria couldn't help but laugh as Rebecca called out Wine?

They both giggled as they poured each other glasses.

******

The girls giggled drunkenly as they were dancing around Maria's room.

Maria had never drunk that much before but she liked the strange warm feeling.

Maria-(laughs) I think I've gone past my limit! We are all out of wine, Becca.

Maria shaking the empty wine bottle while giggling.

Rebecca- I guess so, Luna! I have a brilliant idea, Let's go on an adventure through the castle!