Twenty-Three

"The love that comes from friendship is the underlying facet of a happy life."  Chelsea Handler

" — Chelsea Handler

~°~

(TW: This chapter may be triggering to some.)

~°~

"We can just hang out here for an hour or so then we can head home, okay?"

Hearing your best friend's words, you gently shook your head as he pulled back from your ear and you glanced around the crowded foyer of this house shortly.

"We just got here." you told him after mindlessly pulling him closer to you so you could speak into his ear, "You don't have to cut your night short just for me,"

"You don't want to be here anyway though."

You scrunched your face up, feeling yourself getting a bit defensive, scared that admitting this openly would make you seem rude and insincere since you did technically agree to come to this thing, sort of, "That's not true..."

He scoffed, leaning back towards you once again to speak, his warm breath gently feathering your ear and making your insides clench subconsciously, "Come on, you think I couldn't tell that you didn't want to come here in the first place?" he shouted over the music, "It's quite obvious that your social battery doesn't have much life left,"

You remained silent, distancing yourself from the man, your brows slightly creased, and a peculiar sensation stirring in your stomach as you acknowledged that he had seen through you, a realization that, while not entirely unexpected, still unsettled you.

Seokjin shot you a small, knowing smile, almost as an "it's okay" of reassurance as if he could somehow smell your silly concerns in the moment.