12. Bitty Control

Chapter Summary:  Levi returns and is less than happy to see your newest injury.

You hadn't realized you fell asleep until you opened your eyes to find the sun bouncing around the room, giving the place a soft warmth and homey-feeling to it.

Sitting up as your back popped from you uncomfortable sleeping position, you frowned softly and stretched your arms upwards. A groan coming from you as you ran your fingers through your hair and stood up, making your way to you bedroom.

The incident last night laid heavily in your mind—where were they? By the time you laid on your bed, shivering slightly from the cool sheets and snuggled deeper underneath your covers.

switching on your phone, you sighed at the lack of text messages. Surely Mike or Erwin would have texted you the moment they got up, asking if what they saw yesterday was real and not a fragment of their imagination or if they were growing mad.

Levi didn't say anything, the last text was from you saying 'goodnight' with overly the top heart emoji's. You weren't sure where Levi stood on all this, he doesn't like the bitties and his patience with you must be thinning by the second.

You shut off your phone and laid it screen flat on the mattress. Gnawing softly on your bottom lip. You could move out and get an apartment of your own but that would be too much work and the campus wasn't as far away, it would take at least an hour to get ready then another half to drive to the campus to be able to make it in time if you did decided to move.

Lightly tapping your fingertip on your phone, you sighed loudly once more and pushed yourself up. Deciding to drag yourself out of your bed and change into respectable clothes. Slipping the hoody over your head as you walked out your door, you paused for a second. Eyes trailing over to the kitchen you stood in the hallways for a moment longer, your arms crossed over your chest with the dull sting of the bite mark reminding you of your recklessness.

You knew you shouldn't have assumed it was Edge that was in the kitchen last night, that another bitty would have woken up by the time you went to drink water.

You hoped Red had time to cool down—the way he acted was uncalled for, even if you didn't know anything about him or Edge, he really shouldn't have attacked you in the middle of the night like that.

He was lucky Levi wasn't home or else the night would have gone somewhere down stream.

Seeing his brother with a broken arm probably alarmed him, the way his sockets became devoid of any light and the fierce growl he let out—you felt a shiver crawl up your spine.

"Guys?" You called out, reluctant on moving from the spot in the middle of the hallway. Soft clinks of metal and sizzling eggs made you furrow your eyebrows and moved towards the kitchen. Instead of the small bitties your were expecting, there soon Levi.

The white apron wrapped around his wait, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a white cloth used to push back his hair. He looked and dressed like a professor, but it was late for any classes he had to attend and-- why was he here? shaking your head, momentarily forgetting about the new additions to the apartment, you leaned against the doorway, arms crossed over your chest.

"What are you doing here?" you asked, watching as Levi added pepper and salt to the eggs, flipping the bacon and continued to work without addressing you. Frowning softly, you pushed yourself off the wall and sat at the table. laying your body over it and sighed deeply, not caring if Levi could hear you. The Male turned slightly, watching you for a second before turning back to the breakfast he was making. or, was it brunch? looking at the time on the oven, you sucked in a sharp breath and sat up straight. It was oddly quiet, you didn't like that.