6. Dear Friend

Chapter Summary: you spill your secret to a friend.

Blue had tried to get Edge to talk during the whole ride and he would answer in short replies. You tried too but after he snapped at you for the second time, you stopped trying. He needed his space. Pushing the door open, you pursed your lips. That must've been a traumatic experience for him, someone unfamiliar handling him so roughly as if he...

As if he were a doll.

Locking the door behind you, you placed the two bitties on the floor and slipped your shoes off. Hands gripping the bag close to your chest as you bit your lip and stepped over Blue. Walking towards the kitchen, you glanced at the dolls perched on the table and dropped the bag on a chair. The soft, faint pattern of boots following you as you maneuvered around the kitchen. Someone tugged at your pants be vegan to climb up, you furrowed your eyebrows as looked down to stare at Blue. Gently scooping him up and placing him in your shoulders.

"What do you feel like eating?" You asked, opening the refrigerator and peering inside. The original plan was to eat at the food court but after what happened with that girl, you didn't want to stick around and risk Blue or Edge getting manhandled again.

"Tacos?"

"Blue, we had tacos for lunch." You deadpanned, pushing a bag of macaroni away to look further in.

Blue ran up your arm and hopped into the pantry, pushing things away for you as the two of you thought of what to eat—although Blue was keen on tacos.

With a sigh, you scooped up Blue and placed him on the table, your eyes scanning over the remaining dolls. A lump formed in your throat as your attention stayed on Red. The red fog(?) in his eye was eerie, like the form of magic Edge made.

You turned your head to the living room, thirty minutes had passed since the incident and you had no idea where Edge ran off to. It was most likely that he was hiding from you, you wouldn't want to be near someone like that either so you understood.

Well, kind of.

He shouldn't mark out all humans as 'bad' because of one mishap. Be mad? Sure. Just don't blame the whole race for someone's idiotic actions.

You pursed your lips and sighed again. Blue made his way down via tablecloth and ran out the kitchen with a war cry. Shaking your head, you sat on the chair and took out your phone.

Several messages from Levi, no surprise. Few from your friends and two or three from Hange and Mike.

Eyebrows subconsciously furrowing, you brought up Hange's messages once more, rereading the typed messages before the doorbell to your apartment rang. Heart diving to your stomach, you slammed your phone shut and quickly went to look for Blue and Edge. A small curse coming from you and the doorbell became frantic with zero sights on the two bitties.

Looking around the apartment one final time, you unlocked and opened the door. A forced smile appearing on your lips as Hange paused her frantic doorbell ringing, her finger hovering over the bell as she blinked and stared at you.

"Y/n! What took you so long!" She huffed, grabbing the bags off the floor and walked past you. Looking down the hall, you pursed your lips and followed after Hange.

"I'm sorry, I was busy—why are you here?" You asked, watching her place the bags on the table and rummage through your cabinets.

"You brought the dolls out?" She asked, ignoring your previous question. Taking out the bag of macaroni. She turned back to you, pushing up her glasses.

"Levi wanted to make sure you're eating. He and his class returns tomorrow." She shrugged, going to your lower cabinets and took out a pot. "He also wants the apartment spotless. Yaknow how he is."