♡MYSTERY RESULTS♡

Here are the Mystery winners for The Creativity Awards 2019!

A big thank you to both paraweirdo and Alana2215 for judging this genre! We greatly appreciate the time and effort you both put into judging this genre!

Another big thank you to everyone that entered into Mystery! Every single one of your entries are amazing!

If you would like your scorecard and the short review that your judge has sent, just PM me and I will send that over to you immediately.

Also, if you are one of the winners, please let me know if you are okay with me putting your winning entry (Book cover and blurb) on our community Instagram as it is one of the prizes. (creativity_community)

~THE MYSTERY WINNERS~

•Honorable Mention•

Author: Kuwentongpagong

Book: The Blind Lady

Total: 67/135

Review: The grammar was good, but there were a quite a few sentences that didn't sound right. The plot is intriguing but some things in the story border on unrealistic, there weren't many through. I would also suggest having proper trigger warnings for your story because at the moment you don't have any. There's also some serious issues in your book that you seem to glorify.

•Runner Up•

Author: ZitinChopra

Title: The Murder Files

Total: 68/135

Review: The Murder Files was certainly a creative idea, even if one that lacked skillful execution. The separate narratives didn't have the depth and suspense that makes a great mystery, but they were intriguing to read, especially with the provided real-world backgrounds. One thing I would suggest working on is your descriptive language. The narratives felt flat, rushed, and lacked good pacing- this is something that more description in general can fix. Focus on giving more attention to your settings and characters to really paint the picture for your readers.

•Runner Up•

Author: LeeMinJee

Title: The Boy Who Promised To Protect Me

Total: 78/135

Review: The Boy who Promised to Protect Me is a story that shows a lot of promise- one thing I really admired was your use to description. The figurative language you used and the ways in which you described the actions and feelings of the characters was truly unique. However, the biggest drawback of the story was your poor grammar usage. It made many sentences feel not only awkward and forced, but sometimes flat-out silly. A fix for this may be to use an online editor or a grammatically-savvy beta reader- both are viable options to help your unique story shine.

Third Place•

Author: TheChesireCat001

Title: The Yard Of Bones

Total: 82/135

Review: The plot for this story is great! It's intriguing, and anyone that's likes reading about supernatural powers will defeintly like the concept of it! There were a lot of grammar mistakes, but with an edit through the story should fix that.

•Second Place•

Author: frostbite47

Title: Forget Me Not

Total Score: 94/135

Review: Forget Me Not was a story that was introduced under a simple premise and evolved to be something that you clearly put time, love, and effort into. However, the intriguing plot you thrust onto us readers was someone dampened by the bland characters. It seems this book was one which operated under a sort of tell-don't-show rule; many times were we told what the characters were like, but there were never many actions written in that supported those claims. One thing that I find helps with this is making a map for your character development. Try picturing exactly what your characters are like, and then find ways to write that into your story. That said, the plot of your story was evenly-paced and a pleasure to read, and I became invested in the mystery by the end. Keep up the good work!

First Place•

Author: NDeMeer

Title: After The End|When Death Comes Calling

Total: 133/135

Review: Each chapter of this story had me wanting more! The grammar was on point and the characters were all three dimensional. The descriptions painted a clear image inside the readers mind and the title catch's the reader's eye. Great job!

Congratulations everyone!

If you would like your sticker, please pm me with your gmail and I will send it over to you.